AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Radio control on the steering wheel (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/radio-control-steering-wheel-138994/)

chiro9275 09-19-2009 02:28 PM

Radio control on the steering wheel

I was wondering how to use the radio control dial on the steering wheel. How do I use the wheel to go between my preset stations? Right now when I use the wheel on the radio side it goes through what seems to be a random selection of stations. Is there a way to toggle between my preset stations? If so, can someone help and explain it to me? (Can't find it in the owner's manual).

joelsindc 09-21-2009 03:55 AM

not in my car right now but pretty sure if the NAV radio is set to preset and you use the steering wheel it'll just rotate through your pre-sets and not the whole tuner

krazyboi 09-29-2009 02:32 PM

What was stated is correct, you have to actually select Preset first, and then it'll scroll through them. What sucks is that, I believe when you power off your car, it removes it from Present and you have to push it again next time you start up.

salty 10-01-2009 04:29 PM

not correct

chiro - the other guys are not correct. they are only talking satellite radio. You CANNOT scroll through preset for FM or AM channels. It's just a gross oversight by audi.... something they should do a software upgrade on (what are you waiting for audi - someone getting in an accident because they were changing stations using the radio not the wheel?!!?!?!)

LWNY 10-01-2009 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by salty (Post 1134572)
chiro - the other guys are not correct. they are only talking satellite radio. You CANNOT scroll through preset for FM or AM channels. It's just a gross oversight by audi.... something they should do a software upgrade on (what are you waiting for audi - someone getting in an accident because they were changing stations using the radio not the wheel?!!?!?!)

My US Audi A3 owners manual says:

"If you change the radio station buttons in radio mode using the left menu thumbwheel and you hear only static, it is possible that the station buttons have not been assigned or the station in question cannot be received."

Meaning the scroll wheel will scroll to the next preset, not to the next available radio station.

joelsindc 10-02-2009 01:11 AM

incorrect. my 2007 a3 w/ nav and no satellite works exactly like this. I scroll thru FM presets with my steering wheel. I just did on the way home from swim. Recommend you call your Audi dealer and ask whats wrong with ur car

Originally Posted by salty (Post 1134572)

salty 10-02-2009 03:20 PM

Guys - do a search on the a3 forum for "radio" - there is a three page thread on this - well documented that the feature no longer exists (dealer confirmed)

Joel - your 07 may do it - but the feature is no longer there - confirmed by Audi

It's a pain too!!!

LWNY 10-02-2009 11:51 PM

Maybe it is related to the radio that is installed. It worked on my Symphony II. You could buy my Symphony II and get that feature.