AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A3 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/)
-   -   Rattles & Creaks!!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a3-12/rattles-creaks-36284/)

a3_yuppie 07-12-2006 04:04 AM

Rattles & Creaks!!!

In my sixth week of ownership I have noticed...

1. a rattle in the left door / B-pillar over the littlest of bump or roughness on the road (and this is Irvine, south orange county);
2. an intermittent rattle on the right side, source unknown; and
3. a creak from back rear seat or door when maintaining a right turn at decent speed (freeway on or off ramp)

I thought the whole point of owning a luxury German car was to avoid this. My Acura RSX rattles less, dang it.

cur 07-13-2006 05:56 AM

RE: Rattles & Creaks!!!

welcome to audi world =[
afraid you got one of those unlucky cars
don't worry i'm one of them as well

Adri 07-13-2006 06:14 AM

Weird but I have been noticing the same thing. Mines also rattling a bit - i wonder y it does this. It wasnt like this when I just got it either. I am also about in my 6th weeek..

Which model A3 do you have?

Chef 07-13-2006 12:15 PM

I'm sorry for the rattles and creaks. That stuff really bugs me so I understand.

Take it to the dealer and complain. Remember that it is the squeaky well that gets the oil!!!

I've had mine for 5 months and over 8k miles without any problems like that.

A3Night 07-13-2006 01:15 PM

The rattle from the glove box area is the fuel line. Audi has a TSB on it so you can probably go in and fix it through the dealer

a3_yuppie 07-13-2006 04:03 PM

I cannot find the TSB for the fuel line rattle.

cur 07-14-2006 04:34 AM

yea
had that problem and waited for like 3 weeks since mine was the earlier cars when the problem wasn't discovered yet
just gotta wrap the fuel line up

Adri 07-14-2006 06:01 AM

its not that bad. plus i think mine is louder now cos i replaced my middle exhaust box as well. how come your avatar picture is so big? when i try to upload mine with such a big pic it doesnt want to upload it?

a3_yuppie 07-14-2006 02:57 PM

It's at Audi Mission Viejo now. The service advisor I talked to sounds diligent, so I am hoping for the best.

I have an A4 2.0T CVT for the day. It's got 66xx miles on it. The CVT is not that bad. At 85mph, the motor is only at ~2400rpm. The CVT must save so much gas over myA3 2.0T DSG (at 85mph the motor is at ~3400rpm). Over the lifetime of the car, that's a lot of gas! It also has power-adjustable seats, which are quite comfy, but much less supportive that the Sport Package seats on my A3.

a3_yuppie 07-15-2006 12:26 AM

Rattles and creaks are now fixed (2) and explained (1).

1. Rattle in dash fixed (even though I didn't hear it there, sound like it was on my left.)
2. Creak in chair was plastic trim rubbint on leather as I leaned on it during turns, fixed with a bit of extra foam and felt tape.
3. Slight rattle on right is due to passenger seat belt tensioner mechanism, cannot be helped.

Thankfully the Audi Concert sound system sounds pretty good.