Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

The reason my car has 4 rings and my gf has none!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
1st Gear
Default The reason my car has 4 rings and my gf has none!

Went over to my girlfriends house last night. We were going to get something to eat and jumped in her car. She backed into my baby! Damage isn't too bad. I'm taking it to a shop today to get an estimate. The shop owner is a member of a local VW/Audi forum that I frequent, so hopefully things won't get too expensive.

Name:  IMAG0002.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  29.5 KB

Name:  IMAG0003.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  25.0 KB

Name:  IMAG0004.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  26.2 KB

Why couldn't she have just hit the bumper? Could have used that as an excuse to go ahead and get the S3 bumper!

Old 10-12-2007, 10:19 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My car got dented

Awwww.......man E what a bummer. [sm=smiley35.gif] It shouldn't be too bad, something similar happened to my TT, and it cost more than it should, but maybe since the shop owneris an enthusiast he will feel your pain.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, I'm hoping that the price won't be too bad. I guess worst case scenario is my gf has to pay her $500 deductible....but really trying to keep insurance out of this if at all possible.The way I am looking at it isif my car had to get hit, I am glad to know who did it.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
1st Gear

This could very well be the biggest test of your relationship with your girlfriend. If it can withstand this, it can withstand anything

But ouch..those pics make me wince.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 AM
1st Gear

I really am not all that upset about it. I am not mad at her at all. Yeah it sucks that it happened, but there isn't any way to turn back time. I would much rather her tap my car, than accidentally hit somebody else's car where the situation could get really ugly. There were no injuries, and the damage is fairly minor, so it could have been a whole lot worse.

The pictures really are kind of hard to look at though...but not as bad as seeing it in person.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 PM
1st Gear

I feel your pain. We've all had our share of dents and dings and its just one of those sucky things about owning a nice car. How was the damage to her car? I agree with Drumdork. If you can get through this, you can weather rougher times in your relationship.

Old 10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
1st Gear

Hers has some scratches (a couple pretty deep) but it was all contained on her bumper (all plastic) so not all that much damage.

Got my 1st estimate...
$775 to pound out the fender and get things back right
$1360 for a new fender and paint matching.

Any way I go, I have found a positive in this....getting the orange bumper markers painted to match the body!!! See, I already found the silver lining.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: The reason my car has 4 rings and my gf has none!

ORIGINAL: AManCalledE

Why couldn't she have just hit the bumper? Could have used that as an excuse to go ahead and get the S3 bumper!
I can make that happen for ya if you'd like! Nah, j/k. It's funny you say that though, because my friend and I always joke, when there is a close call of someone hitting my front or rear bumper, that they'd be buying me an Oetty kit!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:40 PM
1st Gear

Why get any insurance companies involved for that minor damage? The amount of money she faces in increased premiums would far outstrip just paying for the whole repair in cash.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:16 AM
2nd Gear

^ +1

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The reason my car has 4 rings and my gf has none!