Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

S-Line badge

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 PM
1st Gear
Default S-Line badge

I just got the grillS-line badge for my A3 , does anyone have any idea how to install it , I don't have to take the griil off, do I?
Appreciate any help , thank you.

Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: S-Line badge

Unless you have an 07 model, your grille wont have a flat surface to install that badge.
The 07 s-line models have a dedicated flat piece on the grille if i'm not mistaken.
If you want i'll let you in on how you attach after-market badges to grilles?[8D]

Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: stryker
Unless you have an 07 model, your grille wont have a flat surface to install that badge.
The 07 s-line models have a dedicated flat piece on the grille if i'm not mistaken.
If you want i'll let you in on how you attach after-market badges to grilles?[8D]
You're correct. The s-line grill has a slot specifically made for the badge.

Similar to the S3 Grill in the pic. Not sure how much you paid for the S-line badge, but I would have just bought a S-line grill instead.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the reply guys,the badge was not that expensive Eltonsi ,My A3 is a 2006 2.0T Sportpackage,the badge has two metal clips that I'm assuming goes into the grill from behind,but Stryker if you don't mind can you tell me how toinstall theafter market badges .

Old 05-02-2007, 01:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Copa2

Thanks for the reply guys,the badge was not that expensive Eltonsi ,My A3 is a 2006 2.0T Sportpackage,the badge has two metal clips that I'm assuming goes into the grill from behind,but Stryker if you don't mind can you tell me how toinstall theafter market badges .
You're correct about the clips mounting from behind. That's the way my S3 badges installed.

Cheers!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

When attaching S3 or S Line badges to your Audi it should fall under one of these typical scenarios:[ul][*] replacement badges for S3 or S Line vehicle that were lost[*] badges for a vehicle that is mechanically identical to a factory-spec S3 or S Line vehicle[*] badges for a current vehicle that is mechanically superior to a S3 or S Line vehicle
[/ul]Nothing dilutes a brand more than "everyone" going to the store to get a gallon of milk and loaf of bread in their "upgraded" Audi that doesn't in fact have the upgrades...

Old 05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Blue Jays

When attaching S3 or S Line badges to your Audi it should fall under one of these typical scenarios:
[ul][*]replacement badges for S3 or S Line vehicle that were lost[*]badges for a vehicle that is mechanically identical to a factory-spec S3 or S Line vehicle[*]badges for a current vehicle that is mechanically superior to a S3 or S Line vehicle [/ul]
Nothing dilutes a brand more than "everyone" going to the store to get a gallon of milk and loaf of bread in their "upgraded" Audi that doesn't in fact have the upgrades...
I agree, that's why I don't have a S3 badge.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

Hi eltonsi-

You've got the truly unique, one-of-a-kind, never-to-be-seen anywhere else Audi SE model! [8D]

~ Blue Jays ~

Old 05-02-2007, 03:39 PM

I see where you're coming from Blue Jays and I somewhat agree.

On the TDI forum we had a "somewhat" unwritten rule about badges and mods. The typical letter for the "TDI" was silver and a person would replace each silver letter with a red letter as they modded. The "I" was for just a chip, the "D" was for stage II with bigger injectors, and the "T" was for stage III big turbo upgrades +. Not a bad system, but not everyone followed it either.

It's one thing to pass your car off as a true S3, it is another to have the badges. Any Audi knowledgeable person would immediately tell the difference. Hmmm...you have 4 doors??? LOL

Cheers!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:43 PM
1st Gear

Hello Blue Jays, if know anything about Audi A3 you would know that the 2006 2.0T Sportpackage is exactly the same car as the 2007 S-line , mechanically identical to a factory-specS Line vehicle, the only difference is the badges and by the way comments like that ( " Nothing dilutes a brand more than "everyone" going to the store to get a gallon of milk and loaf of bread in their "upgraded" Audi that doesn't in fact have the upgrades... " ) are just uncalled for , who are you to tell people what to do to their cars.

Quick Reply: S-Line badge