Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

S3 8P DSG / S-Tronic Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:10 AM
1st Gear
Default S3 8P DSG / S-Tronic Question

Hi guys,

Have a beautiful 2010 S3 with DSG and have a few questions about how my gearbox is performing. The reason I'm asking is I'm a little nervous about the gearbox due to what happened to the DSG clutch in my 2013 Polo GTI - basically the clutch fried itself despite repeated trips to the dealer to complain about a slipping clutch - they just kept telling me no error codes so no problem.

Anyway....just want to know if my gearbox is performing normally. On hard acceleration using the paddles or letting it shift automatically the shifts are sharp and punchy - however on light throttle (flat and some hills) the shifts are not as sharp and almost feel like there is some clutch slip.

Basically on a light/medium throttle shift the revs will drop down with the initial shift and then the needle will slide down another 200-300rpm a split second after the initial drop. It almost sounds like it slips but I cant be sure. On hard acceleration the needle will drop down quickly and start to rise again.

Is this normal operation?? - how do your cars perform (S3 or same DSG boxes). Is this a DSG querk?

The only reason I'm concerned is that if I need a new clutch I'm gonna have to start saving now! And it might put me off getting a Stage 1 chip....especially if it chews the clutch even more.

Thanks
Rob