Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Selling My A3

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Default Selling My A3

Before I begin with why I am selling my A3, I just wanted to give a in-a-nutshell review of my car that i have had for a year and 16,000 miles. The car is the most refined and luxurious vehicle for under 30k, AND with only a $700 upgrade, this things turns into a go cart. It has been a joy to drive, and to be honest, has been a serious hit with the lady friends (lets just say there are tally marks in the back seat). Being an 18 year old, I am truly blessed to drive such a nice vehicle. I busted my *** through highschool working full time to afford such a car, and I have to say that even with the depreciation I'm about to be hit with, it was well worth it.

As I stated, I am an 18 year old male and I will begin University in the fall. While the Audi is a great car and I normally don't care what other people think, perception is reality. As a result of this fact, I have decided that it might be a good move to go with a less conspicuous car, and get some money in the bank.

I will be going to school in Orlando, living off campus in a semi-bad neighborhood, and I feel like this is only going to be a crime/vandelism magnet in the parking lot. So, I am selling the A3, and I will be moving into a 1998 Mustang Cobra (buying it off dad). This is still a nice car, but it's old and looks the same as a regular Mustang to most people...

While I am not set on the 'stang, I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to go with...so I am open to some suggestions for other cars that have the go-fast factor, but the nondescript factor.

It's been a pleasure being on the boards here, and I will continue to post until the title is no longer in my name.

By the way-if anyone knows anyone looking for a nice up'd A3, pass them along...what should I ask for the car on private party?

Old 07-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Default RE: Selling My A3

Edmunds and KBB are a good place to start for a fair asking price. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

and to be honest, has been a serious hit with the lady friends (lets just say there are tally marks in the back seat). Being an 18 year old
You uhhhh.... might not want to be this honest. [:'(]

Old 07-28-2007, 10:35 PM

LOL

I hope you find a good, responsible buyer to take care of your baby. I'm not usually a fan of adoptions at such a young age, but considering your not yet fully ready for the responsibility of taking care of such a fine young automobile, hopefully there is a good family ready and waiting.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Old 07-29-2007, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

Temporarily trade the car with your father. Let him pick-up your A3 loan payments while you're in school and he keeps the A3 for his use. Pay him a modest rent appropriate for the use of his decade-old vehicle. Everyone stays happy and you don't get whacked selling your car after only a few months of ownership.

Old 07-29-2007, 04:21 PM
2nd Gear

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you enjoy Orlando. It is definitely a fun place, lots of stuff to do for people your age. Are you going to UCF? My sister goes there, it is a great school.

I have a hard time though believing that a Mustang is going to attract less attention than an A3.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:14 AM

It is UCF. The Mustang doesn't scream spoiled rich kid like the Audi does. I just dont want to get hit with all kinds of body work repair costs for people messing with it.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

I dont know dude, but in my opinion the Mustang COBRA seems more a car that would easily get stolen. Even if its a 1998. It's definetly a car that thieves enjoy joy riding and using for parts.

Also, the Audi is more difficult to break in, especially since its newer and the alarm system is more sophisticated. I see more older Mustangs get stolen then Audi's in the local newspaper, police blotter section.