Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Should I buy a Audi A3 1.4T FSI?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Gear
Question Should I buy a Audi A3 1.4T FSI?

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at buying my first ever Audi im really excited although want to make sure I am making a good choice i need something fairly cheap to run and compact, and a A4 it’s a bit too big

I am currently looking at a 2011 Audi A3 1.4T FSI Sports Back (Stop Start) with 7 speed S Tronic.

And I what I would love to know if there is anything that I need to check out on them?

Are they Chain Driven or belt?
what better: a 7 Speed or 6 speed Automatic?

The price seems really good and the dealer selling it has serviced it since new and originally sold it.

below is a link as what I am looking at I would really appreciate any advise, I have taken it for a test drive and I though it ran really well it seemed to jump through the gears really quickly and if i put my foot on the gas to pass a car and then slowed down im not sure how it should have responded but it seemed to jump gears a bit and i was unsure if its underpowered or something.

Audi A3 SPORTBACK T FSI 2011 - Ebbett - Marque of Excellence - Car Dealerships across the North Island