Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Default TIME FOR CHANGE!

I'm tired of reading the same description for our A3 section:

"The Audi A3 is the lower priced sibling of the A4, offering a sporty feel with a station wagons versatility"

I propose that we write a better description for our vehicle. I'm tired of being compared to an A4, when I personally think our cars are much more appealing.

List your suggestions and we can take a poll to decide on the best. Then I'll bug the Admins and Mods until they make a change.

I like, "The Audi A3 is a sporty compact wagon offering cutting edge engineering and the ability to carry up to 5 passengers and cargo" ...or something like that.

Shoot your best lines.

Cheers!

Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: TIME FOR CHANGE!

ORIGINAL: Chef

"The Audi A3 is a sporty compact wagon offering cutting edge engineering and the ability to carry up to 5 passengers and cargo"

Cheers!
I like what you wrote! That is right on. Even through I'm not an owner yet... I think the A3 blows away the A4 in style and performance. I can't wait for mine to get here.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:46 PM
1st Gear

I would agree - if they say that the A3 is "lower priced sibling of the A4" then until we find a better name, I would like fo rthem to say tht the A4 is "lower priced sibling of the A6" and the A6 is "lower priced sibling of the A8" - that would seem fair...

IMO you cannot put on the descrition 5 passengers car, yes they fit, but you can also fit 5 people in a Panda or Uno, it does not make it so.

Cutting from different things, maybe something like "The A3 is sporty compact wagon offering the perfect mixture of performance, design and versatility."

Old 06-19-2007, 01:13 AM

What's the difference between a hatchback and a wagon? Is "hatchback" a bad word?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:48 AM

IMHO, i don't like much the word wagonto describe the sportback A3. everytime i see the A3 described as a small wagon it reminds me of my mom's old station wagon!! hatchbackor simply sportbacksounds better.

check out this defnition i found of wagon (WTF!!) : A wagon (in old British English waggon) is a wheeled vehicle, ordinarily with four wheels, usually pulled by an animal such as a horse, mule or ox, which was used for transport of heavy goods in the past.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:21 AM
1st Gear

hey, they can call it a minivan for all i care, its one fast minivan if thats what it is!

I do agree though, I think the description needs to be changed to reflect the car better then just "its a cheap audi!" which is basically what it says now in a bit nicer words.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:59 AM
1st Gear

I'm tired of reading the same description for our A3 section:
"The Audi A3 is the lower priced sibling of the A4, offering a sporty feel with a station wagons versatility"
I propose that we write a better description for our vehicle. I'm tired of being compared to an A4, when I personally think our cars are much more appealing.
List your suggestions and we can take a poll to decide on the best. Then I'll bug the Admins and Mods until they make a change.
I like, "The Audi A3 is a sporty compact wagon offering cutting edge engineering and the ability to carry up to 5 passengers and cargo" ...or something like that.
Shoot your best lines.
Cheers!
Ok here's a few

1) The Audi A3 is a fun, sporty compact wagon.
2) The Audi A3 is a premium compact wagon.
3) The Audi A3 is the fast and elegant smaller cousin of a A4.
4) The A3 combines the sportiness of a TT with the luxury of a A4 in a compact wagon.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 AM
1st Gear

"The A3 is the higher performance, better handling, more comfortable and better looking sibling of the A4. Incredibly, it is also a better value and efficiency proposition. Audi hit the mark on this one."

Old 06-19-2007, 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: zznalg

"The A3 is the higher performance, better handling, more comfortable and better looking sibling of the A4. Incredibly, it is also a better value and efficiency proposition. Audi hit the mark on this one."
Now we're getting somewhere!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: zznalg
Now we're getting somewhere!!!
Is that your ego talking?

Let's see, you did not like to be shown as a lower breed A4 but if you say that is better than the A4, you like???? tsk tsk tsk

Let's compare the A3 to the A4 avant...

We can obviously tell the difference but surprisingly enough, the A3 is actually wider and lower to the ground (unless you had c/o and you seat on your nuts like some people but we are comparing stock here) and the A4 is longer and higher. Since the A3 is cheaper with the same engine configuration, you cannot claim that their definition was not all bad. I believe we will all agree that we are not big fan of the wagon name since even Audi calls it Avant and Sportback in Europe, we should definitely use the same nomenclature, but guys, if you are serious, please, keep it real.

My euro 0.02 (and right now, it is worth close to 1/3 more than your US 0.02…)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TIME FOR CHANGE!