Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

VERY excited

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:55 PM
1st Gear
Default VERY excited

Just bought my A3 this afternoon on my lunch break.

After going to different dealer's over the weekend, I finally got what I wanted and the price I wanted.

2007 A3 2.0 T Auto/S-Tronic
Premium
Open-Sky
Black exterior/Black interior

Just was built a couple weeks ago in Sept.
So, its in transit, should be here in the states end of Oct.

I was really debating on S-Line or Premium package. Settled for the Premium, hopefully I made the right choice.

Funny thing is, I never even test drove the A3 yet. Sat in it several times in the show-rooms and I was glued to it. The car just seemed to adjust to my fit and sucked me in!!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: VERY excited

If it was any other car and all you did was @$$ test it then I'd say your crazy.

But you got lucky this time. Real lucky. You'll be real happy with how the A3 drives.

Congrats on the car!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:01 PM
2nd Gear

Second that congrats on getting a great car. Looks, performance, and feel.
And you didn't even test drive it. Lucky or crazy call it what you want.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:35 PM
1st Gear

Thanks fellas! I appreciate the positive responses on my "not test driving" the car.
With all these awesome reviews of the ride, the heck with test driving!
I want to just get in it, and take off, seems like a tease to take a test drive with an A3.

Only question I had, I went for Premium instead of S-Line.
Is there any difference in exterior or interior appearance, besides the S-Line badges and the sport suspension???

When I matched both cars up together, they looked the same.
The Premium looks just as sporty as the S-Line from the outside.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
1st Gear

Congrats. It's a great car.

I struggled with S-Line Vs. Premium as well. See the discussion further down in the posts. I believe September 17th was the last post in there.

I chose Premium as well. I think it's a better package deal and I felt the Sport might feel a little too firm at times. What they really should do is provide an adjustable suspension on the fly. I may do that aftermarket.

In any case, S-Line definitely is more than badges. Your bumpers would look different, way more sporty, including a little fin over the top of your rear window. However, you wouldn't get power seats, you would lose the storage package stuff, as well as illumination, remote control for garage door, trip computer, etc.... and I believe S-Line is a few hundred dollars more expensive.

Good choice in my book.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 PM

Welcome ot the family.

Even though I fell in love with the A3 when I first drove it, driving any car is very subjective and you should of drove it before you bought it. I'm 99% sure you will love the car, but really, you needed to feel the car on the road, not just in the showroom. Hopefully you will not do this in the future with cars that do not match the A3's workmanship and finish.

As far as the premium pack goes, I have it and I love it. It's really nice to have the storage/conveinance part of the car that really comes in handy. The lighting is cool and i really dont think the styling of the S-line is worht giving up these little extra's. The only downside to the Prem pack is that the All season tires are absolute garbage. It is a really terrible/crappy/POS part of the car. I really wish they offered options on tires you could pick, but hopefully oyu will wear the crappy Pirelis out soon.

Cheers,
Danny

Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 AM
1st Gear

chip it and you will burn up those tires really quick... and all those options on the premium pack are available on the s-line if you get the tech package. I got storage, illumination, homelink and trip computer, all with the old 'sport' package as well, and s-line badging to boot. only thing i dont have is the cushier seats, and the power driver seat...which i dont care for anyway. Thats the only decision you only need to really make is comfy seats? or supportive seats?

Old 09-26-2006, 04:29 AM
SoCal Crew Member

congrats on the car, i know you're loving it right now............. and soon, you will have a very heavy foot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2006, 03:16 PM

You will love the car. But if you had taken a test drive you could be even more impatient to get it. Mine was scheduled to arrive the same day hurricane Wilma arrived, the exta week I waited was awful! The a3 was on my short list when I test drove it, after the test drive it went to the must have list! Even the base model (+dsg)I ordered was over my (wife's) budget. I thought about jumping up and down and crying until I got the sport package. In the end I am happy, I prefer the five spoke wheels and they are the same size, I also like fabric seats. I would have liked the sport suspention and paddle shifters. But I am completely happy with my car.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 PM

The car is awesome, but what would you expect to hear from the A3 section of an Audi forum?

Congrats and Cheers!

Quick Reply: VERY excited