Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

The weather outside is frightful

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM
2nd Gear
Default The weather outside is frightful

I know, I know the title is corny but I couldn't think of anything else. I don’t know how it is looking around you guys but here in DC it is starting to look/feel like winter is on its way. Being the procrastinator that I am I have waited until the last minute to buy some rubber floor mats to protect the ol’ speed sled. I don’t really know where to start but I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a group buy (or am I the only procrastinating SOB in the bunch). I have never set up/ been involved in a group buy so I am just throwing it out there and hoping some one runs with it. I know there has been some heated debate over which mats are better but as long as they protect my floors from snow, slush, mud and salt I don’t care. If all else fails I will just go to my dealership and shell out the obscene amount they charge. Looking back on my purchase I wish the cold weather package came with a set of rubber floor mats. I guess that would have made to much sense, but I digress. Any interest/ suggestions?

Old 11-16-2007, 01:49 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: The weather outside is frightful

Well I've been thinking about getting a set of the Euro mats... if anyone else is interested in a group buy, you can count me in.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:44 PM

Do you realy get enough snow in DC to need the rubber mats? I didn't think you guys get a lot of snow.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:47 PM
2nd Gear

no we don't get alot of snow but we do get ice which mean there is alot of salt and muddy slush that gets tracked into the car.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 PM
1st Gear

Also here in DC/VA And havn't invested(ie procrastinating) in anything for hatch or car. Let us know what you decide/get, how you enjoy, etc..

Old 11-17-2007, 08:34 AM

I can tell you that the rubber mats are definitely worth the investment, even if it is just rain being tracked back and forth. I imagine they would be just that much more prized in a snowy environment.

Cheers!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:34 AM
1st Gear

That was a no brainer for me. I ordered the Euros from the dealer even before I picked the car up. He gave them to me for cost so the whole set was like $80 and change. My carpet would have looked like crap in about two weeks, otherwise.