Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

what do i need to chip my car

Old 01-09-2007, 04:15 AM
1st Gear
Default what do i need to chip my car

hi,i have a 2007 a3 2.0t dsg and i wanted to chip it,but i dont know what i need to chip it.

can i just chip the car and thats it,or do i need exhaust and like a dv.

i would like to know every thing i need to do to chip the car and for it to run correct,any info will help.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: what do i need to chip my car

All you need is your car and money. The rest is quite supplemental, but not necessary.

I would give you advice and say go for Revo, $100 less and it still makes me wet my pants. Also, they retain the true stock settings, not the aftermarket's version of it.

Throw the chip, DV, CAI, and exhaust in this thing and you have a beast. That totals up at less than $2,000 total with an increase of 100 horses and 130 lb/ft torque. Sound good to you too?

Old 01-10-2007, 12:08 AM

LOL

He's correct, except, I would challenge the fact that they retain the "true" factory stock settings. GIAC, REVO, and APR all build their programs from the ground up so you'll always have their "version" of factory stock. I don't care what garbage they tell you, it's the truth. Not to say that their version is a bad thing or not very very close. It works for my Audi dealership.

Chip it and unlock the beast!

Cheers!

Old 01-10-2007, 06:49 AM
1st Gear

Anyone know of any of the companies with locations or dealers in the Vegas area?

Old 01-10-2007, 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 4RINGSROD

Anyone know of any of the companies with locations or dealers in the Vegas area?
Revo and APR have dealer locators on their website, I believe.

Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
2nd Gear

There's one company out in vegas that offers mobile chipping service. Also, APR seems to produce the best chip for DSG applications from what I heard.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 PM
2nd Gear

Because all of us have done it and absofrickinlutly swear by it.
Like the old nike commercial said.... just do it.
Put it this way, the only way you will regret it isif and when you get a speeding ticket.
About finding a dealer in Vegas, just go to the website and locate one near you.
Goodluck.

Old 01-11-2007, 11:31 PM
1st Gear

thanks for ur guys ideas.

i went to my local speed shop and told the guy to line up a revoII,and some cind of catback exhaust i forgot how to spell it,but i heard the exhaust on hes 1.8t and it sounds pretty bad a$$.

im not ganna put the dv or the cai cause it will void my warenty.

and that about covers it,thanks for ur guys help.

and i will let u guys know when i get every thing in the car.

thanks again.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

Why would you think that replacing the DV or doing a CAI would void your warranty? I haven't heard about any dealers getting pissy about CAI (I could be wrong) and hell, the DV's are prone to messing up anyway (especially with a chipped car). If anything is going to void your warranty it would be the dealer finding out about your car being chipped (don't forget to put it back in stock mode before taking it to the dealer).Just my $.02

Old 01-12-2007, 12:39 PM

Agreed!

Also, the CAT back exhaust sounds great, but that's all. I didn't notice any improvement in performance with just the CAT back system, just a nice rumble. However, adding the downpipe made the car come alive, and the rumble turned into a full on roar at WOT.

Cheers!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what do i need to chip my car