Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Wify finally got her "new" a3 07 s-line

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
2nd Gear
Default Wify finally got her "new" a3 07 s-line

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 2007 A3 2.0t S-line. Color is ocean blue pearl. I have been over in the A6 forum for the past years and I still drive it but my wife was hooked on this "new" car. So long story short: I continue to drive my 2002 a6 4.2 and she is now driving the a3 2.0t s-line.

Car feels and sounds solid so far but I will take a more thorough look on the weekend when I get it. Dealer kept the car to repaint the bumper and driver door due to some scratches I didn't like and manager agreed to repaint the entire drivers side doors and rear bumper or I would have walked away.

Anyhow car has 62k miles on it and purchase price was 18k.

Anything I should be looking for in particular? I'm very familiar with my A6 but the A3 is more like a Golf then a "real" Audi so I might need a little help in troubleshooting and isolating issues with this new addition to our family.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the vag-com cable (not the elm, the real one) and the Bentley so I'm prepared .. but those 2 usually do not help in looking for stuff that is known to fail or cause trouble.

Old 08-24-2012, 08:36 PM
1st Gear

might not want to call the a3 not a "real" audi when you're in the a3 forums ... haha

anyhow, with the 2.0 fsi engine, you should check the diverter valve, the pcv, the cam follower and fuel pump. also check the intake valves for carbon buildup --- by 62k miles, there should be some buildup if it's never been cleaned before.