Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 A4 Cab Memory seat question

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Default 2003 A4 Cab Memory seat question

Hi, everybody. First post! I have a unique problem and a search didn't turn up any info.

My wife and I just picked up a used '03 3.0 Convertible A4 with 34,000 miles a couple of months ago and so far everything has been fine with it, with the exception of the discovery of one of those "used car" problems. I am usually fanatical about trying out all of the gadgets on a car before I purchase it to make sure that everything works. For some reason, I missed the memory seat. We discovered that it doesn't work, so we made an appointment at the dealer as we had 1 month of factory warranty left. The Audi dealer discovered that it appears the driver's seat has been replaced with a "non-memory" seat and the memory seat functionality was turned off in the computer so there were no error codes generated by having the replacement seat in there. I inspected the car thoroughly up on a rack and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been in a wreck, or at least I find no signs of it. Of course, Audi can't help me with this problem because the car has obviously been modified because if the factory had made a mistake such as this, then surely the original owner would've complained upon delivery of the car or at least sometime in the first 34000 miles of the car's life. The (non-audi) dealer that we bought the car from is claiming no knowledge and basically said that it is our problem. I don't have the time or patience to argue with them as the car is nearly perfect in every other way and I did beat them down on price pretty hard. There, of course, is a document that I signed saying that there was no warranty from them, as the factory warranty was still in effect.

I suspect that the original owner damaged the seat in some way and replaced it with a seat from a car that didn't have memory seats.

Anyway, all of the wiring is in the car for memory seats, including the switches, etc. I know that a "memory" seat has a module/brainbox under the seat. Does anyone here have any expertise in this area? DO I just need to locate a module from the junkyard and mount it under my existing seat, or are there other differences in the motors/etc. that would dictate that I need to find an entirely new seat "assembly"? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Old 01-13-2010, 10:45 AM

I also have the same problem... sorry to hear that.