Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 Audi a4 1.8t hesitation in 1st gear (Can't figure it out)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 AM
1st Gear
Default 2004 Audi a4 1.8t hesitation in 1st gear (Can't figure it out)

Hello I have a a4 with a 1.8t

Mods: t has the k04 upgrade with TT injectors and giac tuned with custom race file to run 100 octane have the flashloader and everything. IE fuel rail with 034 high output fuel pump. Forge inlet pipe awe intercooler forge splitter valve evolution raceworks 3 in downpipe catless apr stealth exhaust it has spacer on rear o2 so it passes smog no problem. Time belt water pump and thermostat were at 109 on the dot with IE manual tensoners always checked at 3k. Devils own water meth injection is installed and a heat shield on valve cover the downpipe is also wrapped in dtm ti wrap with all of that there is no heat in the engine bay you can touch downpipe. As for clutch I bought the car at 108 and the stoco clutch took a dump at 110k so I went with the ecs stage two upgrade with the lighter flywheel. I have the methanol controller mounted in glovebox and I installed a afr and boost aem gauges on the steering column. It is where I perfer them to be but if I also have the awe vent mount one as well I know im missing a lot but thsts a run down

Problem will happen in 1st gear taking off it hesitates a bit. Runs strong and pulls great when driving. It's only if I give it enough gas that it won't. Kinda like a misfire but don't know why just when taking off.

If anyone knows thanks for the help

Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Try cleaning the throttle body and doing a throttle body alignment - search feature will reveal how.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Try cleaning the throttle body and doing a throttle body alignment - search feature will reveal how.
Thanks brother! Ima try out this week.

Hey man do you know how I can get in touch with that guy selling replacement bulbs? I saw you saying something about him on another post.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Yup hopefully it works. Also, I've worked on a few cars just like yours and found that sometimes the hoses/lines going into the turbo inlet pipe sit kinda loose. There are about 5 of them. Pluck them out, wrap them with self-vulcanizing tape to thicken the ends, and force them back in - you might be seeing a slight leak.

As for the bulbs, you're looking for Emil (emilgevor on this forum). Hit him up via text/call/email - contact info is on his site, KrautoParts - Premium Auto LED | HID Supplies - he will take care of you.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Yup hopefully it works. Also, I've worked on a few cars just like yours and found that sometimes the hoses/lines going into the turbo inlet pipe sit kinda loose. There are about 5 of them. Pluck them out, wrap them with self-vulcanizing tape to thicken the ends, and force them back in - you might be seeing a slight leak.

As for the bulbs, you're looking for Emil (emilgevor on this forum). Hit him up via text/call/email - contact info is on his site, KrautoParts - Premium Auto LED | HID Supplies - he will take care of you.
Thanks man I appreciate all the help.