Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 audi a4 3.2 will not start problem fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
1st Gear
Default 2006 audi a4 3.2 will not start problem fixed

Love my car more than any other I have had. I was perplexed by this problem. First time it happened it sat at the dealership for a couple days. They said it was the #6 fuse ( some unrelated pressure sensor, not important) When I picked up the car I didnt get a chance to ask the tech or service advisor about the issue and why this fuse caused the car not to start. Mind you, I already checked relevant fuses before having the car flat-beded into the dealership. Car worked for a week and then did the same no start thing again. I had the car again flatbeded into the dealership. While there I looked at another A4 and realized that the buzz from the fuel pump was not apparant when the car was switched to the on position and I let them know about it. The dealership said the problem was likely the car's ECM and another was going to be ordered from Germany and that it would take approx. 2 weeks. The part comes in and is replaced and still the car dosent start. Now I am told that it is because of a pinched wire leading into the fusebox. Which one I dont know, but when the fuse box was circumvented the car started everytime. Pinched wire was supposedly fixed, I got my baby back and she is starting fine now. I would love to know how to bypass the fusebox to start the car. Anybody out there know how to bypass the fusebox to start these cars, in case this bs happens again.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:01 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: 2006 audi a4 3.2 will not start problem fixed

If it has anything to do with the immobilizer system or security system than no there would be no way to start it because you need the signal from the immobilizer to recognize the key, the security system to allow the signal to the starter. Before immobilzer you could jump the starter by running a 8 gauge wire in between the positive post on the battery and the starter causing the starter to get 12 volt instead of the usual 6 volt which is bad for the starter and was normally done to start a car when the starter solonoid was on it's way out.I would call the dealership and see if they know what fuse was blown and what the wire was to that was pinched. I'm not so sure they fixed the problem yet.