Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 a4 2.8 quattro

Old 04-13-2013, 03:20 PM
1st Gear
Default 97 a4 2.8 quattro

Ok so i did brand new heads head gasket new timing belt water pump everything ran for ten mins and shut off. Then i tested the coil to see if it was firing and it was but the injectors werent firing so i replaced the cam sensor and it ran again for ten mins shut down again. So i popped open the ecm and found moister so i bought a new ecm and now no fire from the coil any suggestions. Iv checked relays and fuses i dnt kno wat to do now

Old 04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

CEL?

Check all sensors are plugged in snug.. Check crank/cam sensor(S). Throttle position, Idle air actuator, coolent temp sensors, mass air sensor, intake air sensor.. All of which could easily have been unplugged while changing out gaskets.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

Also check the ECU relay, which is cheap and trivial to replace. I just replaced the ECU relay on my 2001 Passat after getting various trouble codes, including CCA intermittent open and intermittent throttle body adaptation.