Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A4 Tiptronic transmission problem

Old 10-12-2013, 02:10 PM
1st Gear

The dealers have known about these problems for years and been ducking the issue. There is a class action lawsuit that has been negotiated to the affect of saying Audi will address tranny issues and/or pay a percentage of cost of tranny repairs for cars with up to 100K.

In 2006, I took my 2002 with less than 70K for recommended service. While there they told me car needed flush and fill of tranny. I checked the owners manual and it indicated the transmission didn't need servicing until 150K. The dealer pressed and I agreed to have this work was done for a cost well over $700.

The car was working fine before it went in. When I got it back it was lurching, jumping and stalling. I called and was told to bring the car back in and they would adjust. Later they called to tell me the car needed a new tranny for $8K. The car wasn't worth $8K.

I asked regarding support and was directed to the national Audi. representative. I spent days being bounced around and was told repeatedly there was nothing they could do.

I have only driven the car an additional 35K miles since this and still have the issues. I am constantly in fear the car will break down and leave me, my wife or daughters stranded so we don't go far.

I received a mailing on the class action suit requesting sign on and records. Yesterday, I tried to get copies at LEITH Audi, Raleigh. I was told they had been purged. Typical bullsh'. I keep everything so will be dig them out and send on. I suggest if you are having problems to do the same.