Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light is on, and the break light is blinking...

Old 03-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Default ABS light is on, and the break light is blinking...

so it doesnt come on at first, but roughly 15 minutes after the car is on, and im driving, the ABS light comes on, makes twoo beeps and the break light flashes.....WTF??!?! help me, is this bad?? am i gonna need to take it to the dealer?? let me know...its a 1998 A4 2.8Q

Old 03-15-2006, 10:21 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light is on, and the break light is blinking...

You should NEVER have to take your car to the stealership for anything other than warrantee issues... or to pick up blubs or misc. stuff you absolutely cannot find through other sources.... If you take the time to look in your manual, you will find out what it means when the break light is blinking. So either look in your owner's manual, or a simple search would help you, I'm sure

Old 03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
1st Gear

if the car is driving normally, either an abs sensor or the ebrake sensor is messed up

Old 03-16-2006, 02:34 AM
2nd Gear

Its the ABS sensor. Does it go out after it finishes beeping? Its actually three beeps I think... I have had this problem for the past month or so. I've also had my driver side tailight that comes on with the headlights and my drivers side brake light out for 3 months.

First thing I would check would be to inspect and clean all your wheel speed sensors. If is bad, I'd replace it. They are only a hundred bucks or so, compared to the $1000+ (I believe) for the ABS module. Sometimes I feel a little "bubble" in the brake pedal, like its pushing back at me when my ABS/brake light is on. If you are really worried about it affecting the driveability of the car, you can always unplug the ABS module itself and just remember that your wheels can lock up.

Another thing you can do to check it would be to Vag-Com the car, and communicate with the ABS module. If you can't access it, it has gone bad. If you can, its probably just a sensor.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
5th Gear

something in my ABS system has been bad for several months now. my ABS will kick in just before coming to a complete stop...i checked all the sensors and they were good, so i'm thinking it's the module...rather than spending 1000 dollars for a new module and praying that that will fix it, i just took out the abs fuse on my fuse panel...ABS is basically only useful if you panic, it's not all that important

my advise is to have your car vag-comed and check the system that way...if nothing pops up there, you can get under the car and check the ABS sensors at each wheel (also called 'wheel sensors' or 'speed sensors')...be careful when doing this, if the sensors aren't reseated properly they won't work which can actually kill your ABS module (i'm pretty sure that's what happened to me)

Old 03-16-2006, 03:15 PM
2nd Gear

Generaly it means abs control module (exspecily for the one where it goes into abs just before you stop) common prob. Vag your car if you cant communicate with abs there you go.

But scan first because it could be a sensor

Old 03-23-2006, 03:40 AM
1st Gear

If you really want to fix the problems without sweeping it under the rug. Have your Control module Remanufactured. WWW.Modulemaster.com. At $250 flat rate plus shipping. You might need a couple tools to remove it. But thats better than paying $1300 at the Stealership.

VIVA MEXICO!!!!!