Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable BOV help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Default Adjustable BOV help.

Ok so my cousin has a new Adjustable BOV that was going on his supra, but bought an SSQV.....so he gave me his other one and it looks like a forge 004 but is adjustable by turning the nut on top, and NOT by changing springs. Can anyone help me find out how much to tighten it..im on 14psi. and i have no idea how much to tighten it. He also has another adjustable one but is the kind with a "horn" where it blows off... which one should i take, which one would sound better?

and help me adjust this someone

Old 09-30-2007, 10:12 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Adjustable BOV help.

so ur a german ricer huh lol j/k man. do a trial and error. and next time say DV or there will be ppl who will cause u to stop drop and roll lol

Old 09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
5th Gear

u have to make sure it remains closed at idle or you cant put it on w/out running rich

Old 09-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: kemp_travis

Ok so my cousin has a new Adjustable BOV that was going on his supra, but bought an SSQV.....so he gave me his other one and it looks like a forge 004 but is adjustable by turning the nut on top, and NOT by changing springs. Can anyone help me find out how much to tighten it..im on 14psi. and i have no idea how much to tighten it. He also has another adjustable one but is the kind with a "horn" where it blows off... which one should i take, which one would sound better?

and help me adjust this someone
Didn't we already tell you not to mess with the boost on a pre-01 1.8T engine, your gonna blow the damn thing up!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:34 AM
2nd Gear

do what i did, take your dv and feel the pressure from the spring, then adjust the bov/dv about the same stiffness, i have the gfb dv/bov but i use it for dv because bov makes my car run like it has the flu

Old 10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

u have to make sure it remains closed at idle or you cant put it on w/out running rich
OR STALL!!!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sp33d07

do what i did, take your dv and feel the pressure from the spring, then adjust the bov/dv about the same stiffness, i have the gfb dv/bov but i use it for dv because bov makes my car run like it has the flu
Same here, i run my hybred gfb in full DV mode simply because when you vent out of the engine you **** things up. besides that PUHHHSSSSSSS just sounds like a tractor trailer's air breaks. I have a nice car, not a 18 wheeler, open up the intake and get a K04 and you will sound sooooooo much better. then you can make people look because it sounds sweet, not because they think a 18 wheeler is about to hit them.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm make believe

^ your an idoit. Not for you not liking the sound, but because you think youll fu(k something up. So stop being stupid and spreading bad info.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:42 PM
1st Gear

wow, i didn't relize you were a *****. i had always though highly of you TT.

I have tried opening the BOV side of the bfg up and everytime i get a check engine light, vagcom reports the car running rich, i'm sorry, but on MY car, it fu(ks shìt up, maybe it's the EFIs i run.

EDIT:
i was simply stating what i have experenced, sorry if it came across as fact.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM

well im pre 01....so it wont fu(k **** up

Quick Reply: Adjustable BOV help.