Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

APR Chip & APR Cat-back? Or GIAC Chip & Milltek Cat-back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Default APR Chip & APR Cat-back? Or GIAC Chip & Milltek Cat-back?

2001 1.8TQ A4 Avant 5spd. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but after all the forum-reading and research, I'm still unable to decide.

Everything I hear and have read about GIAC chips has been positive. Milltek as well. I read that APR chips are very good as well, but understand the exhaust is a little more obtrusive than the Milltek. I feel that the APR chip and APR exhaust will work better together since they have been engineered to work together, whereas mixing and matching GIAC with Milltek may have a lower level of performance. One component may hinder the other. Am I wrong? Will the difference be noticeable at all?

What I'm looking for in a chip/exhaust combination, is one that will deliver the most power and torque, smoothly and quietly. A great 'cherry-on-top' feature would be a combination that will be invisible (obviously not the exhaust) to the dealership, and not void my 100k warrantee!!

As it stands, I'm leaning more toward GIAC and Milltek just based on the tone and low noise level. But if anyone out there is unpleased with this exact combination, I would really like your feedback.

THANKS!!
NooB

Old 11-23-2005, 12:19 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: APR Chip & APR Cat-back? Or GIAC Chip & Milltek Cat-back?

I honestly think you'll be extremely happy either way.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: APR Chip & APR Cat-back? Or GIAC Chip & Milltek Cat-back?

ORIGINAL: multitracks

2001 1.8TQ A4 Avant 5spd. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but after all the forum-reading and research, I'm still unable to decide.

Everything I hear and have read about GIAC chips has been positive. Milltek as well. I read that APR chips are very good as well, but understand the exhaust is a little more obtrusive than the Milltek. I feel that the APR chip and APR exhaust will work better together since they have been engineered to work together, whereas mixing and matching GIAC with Milltek may have a lower level of performance. One component may hinder the other. Am I wrong? Will the difference be noticeable at all?

What I'm looking for in a chip/exhaust combination, is one that will deliver the most power and torque, smoothly and quietly. A great 'cherry-on-top' feature would be a combination that will be invisible (obviously not the exhaust) to the dealership, and not void my 100k warrantee!!

As it stands, I'm leaning more toward GIAC and Milltek just based on the tone and low noise level. But if anyone out there is unpleased with this exact combination, I would really like your feedback.

THANKS!!
NooB
GIAC is more aggressive...> APR is more smooth-as far as the chips go. Youve probably read a lot of positive feedback on GIAC from me... Seriously... Its the shiznat... A buddy at work just got the APR chip on his 01 a4 and I personaly like the giac better... It seems more lively and I feel all the power in the lower rpm's with giac and vice versa with apr. Im sure you would be happy with either one. I have heard the APR exhaust and it sounds great.. I havent heard miltek so i dunno about that.