Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi a4 cabriolet 2.4 2003

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 02:23 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi a4 cabriolet 2.4 2003

Hi I'm new to this site but I need help! My audi a4 cabriolet has been nothing but aggro since day I got it! I only bought it in may 16!
Day after I got it I Had to have the boot latch and locking replaced, now the boot can only be opened with the key in the lock. I had to have crack repaired on the windscreen that I didn't notice when I bought it! Have had to pay to get the rear window sealed after splitting the back window in roof after having to manually put up the top because of lose connections! So after all that and that's not the half of it! The car wash people have managed to blister the paint on the wheel arch and boot! Several malfunctioning light warnings blink and beep soon as key in ignition has been like that for few months despite taking to garage and having mot no warning lights had been removed but it started first time no problem! Until about 2 months ago the clutch and possible duel mass flywheel need replacing! Being quoted £1350 just for the clutch and dual mass I decided I'd have to wait to afford it! Found a much cheaper deal at a trusted place which I'm supposed to drive to the garage in an hour or so but the poxy thing won't start! Started it last week no problem had been stationary on sloped drive for about a month before starting but now few weeks later won't start! Turns over reallywants to start! Battery power packno good,jump leads no good just kept ticking over. key decided to stop working and wouldn't unlock the car.had to unlock manually with key and put key in ignition to stop alarm. Engine wasn't on or starting but windows and hood went down fine using key. Put a Jerry can worth of fuel just in case but still nothing! Please help me.i know nothing about cars only that I pick the worst possible ones! I'd love for just one more summer from my favourite car but I've spent well over the limit already if there is no end to this madness of badluck!
Any suggestions that I could try before I cry?

Old 04-11-2017, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

Sorry about the sob story I've just had it with bad luck! Thought I should mention that I disconnected the battery yesterday (without thinking!) and after the struggle to remove all the clamps and bolts I now can't find the bolts to put it back together properly! Have I caused more aggro for
myself?

Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

Welcome to this forum!

Old 04-13-2017, 10:46 AM
2nd Gear

Not going to be much help. As for the "lost" bolts you can call a salvage yard to locate replacements on the cheap. Depending on how snug your battery fit you might be able to drive it without for a short bit. I wouldn't recommend leaving it like that. Battery bouncing around could get damaged.

Key won't work as you removed the battery and now need to reprogram the function. Try a Google search as I don't recall the procedure and I have a different model year anyhow.

As for not starting check your fuses to make sure none are blown. If the fuse to the fuel pump blows the car will crank all day, but not start. Outside of that it may need a tow to a shop to look at it further as there could be hundreds of things preventing starting (no fuel, no spark, etc...)