Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Default Need some help

hey, i need some help/input. lately my car's been really jerky whenever it has boost. If it's boosting at around 5 psi i can feel it jerking, but if i'm at 10-15 psi, it's not that jerky but not as fas as it should be... i just had a big boost leak fixed about 2 weeks ago. I'm wondering if i have another one already? Because it doesn't jerk at all when the turbo doesn't kick in.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:33 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Need some help

Turbo surge due to over boost? Bad clutch?

Old 05-16-2006, 08:37 PM

what would cause it to overboost?

Old 05-16-2006, 08:42 PM
3rd Gear

1) cracks in the line between the wastegate and the turbo.
2) after market BC or N75valve.
3) 15psi could be over boosting a old KO3.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:48 PM

Oh I see, thanks for the info Beer. That line between the wastegate and the turbo... do you mean that tiny little hose that goes from the n75 valve to the FPR? I took my ecs-tuning n75k valve off and put the stock one back on yesterday. That helped a tiny bit but it still does it... this 'surging' that is.

If it was the clutch slipping then I would feel the jerkiness all the time right? Since it only does it when there is boost I kinda ruled out the clutch. Is that a safe assumption?

Old 05-17-2006, 12:44 AM
5th Gear

its probably a vac leak or a bad dv man, check your dv see if its workin properly

Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 AM
2nd Gear

If you search under my name I had/have the same thing. Mine surges between 0-5 psi. I think it has something to do with using the green spring in the Forge007. When I used the other springs I didn't have the surging, but I also wasn't boosting nearly as high. With the green spring the car can hit 21psi, with the blue/red it only hit 15/12 psi @ wot.

I think its just something you have to learn how to avoid. Over the past month I have learned how to avoid it, mostly by driving faster .

Old 05-17-2006, 12:13 PM

badluck: My Bailey DV is only a few months old. They're supposed to be pretty strong right? I hope my DV isn't busted already.. How do I test it?

north: so your car surges too.. but you just sorta deal with it? Maybe I'm picky but I just think it's really annoying. With the Bailey DV I boost around 16. 21 psi, thats alot of boost! and you have a stock k03 right?

Old 05-17-2006, 01:11 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah K03, GIAC chip, N75H, swisscheezed the airbox. Cleaned my TB and MAF - actually helped.

Yeah I just sort of deal with it until I figure out why its doing it. I was doing a lot of reading on AZ about the surging and with my green spring in the forge it seems normal. So really I don't know what to do about it. When I do my timing belt I am going to take my whole front end off and check everything out. See if I can pin point it, but it seems like a lot of poeple have the same issue.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:30 PM
1st Gear

I had the exact same thing happen after I had Renn Art put a DV and REVO software in. I thought it might be the DV or a Vac leak too.
I brought it back to Renn Art and they cleared codes in my onboard computer and the problem went away.

Can't explain it but it worked!?!