Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 vs VW GLI

Old 04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 vs VW GLI

I am a 21 year old male and i am looking for a sedan that can easily be modded and is fun to drive. I am only interested in a manual transmission so unfortunately there aren't many options. In a perfect world i would have an S4 but that's not the case which leaves me with an A4 or a GLI. I original was sold on a GLI but after sitting in the A4 at the car show i fell in love. My only problem now is, will a car built for luxury give me the same thrill and exhilaration that a nicely modded GLI would? Would i be sacrificing fun factor for luxury if i chose the A4 over the GLI?

Old 04-28-2013, 10:18 AM
1st Gear

A4 all the way IMO. The GLI would be a fun car, but the A4 has the "all around package". You get conservative styling (not super flashy, but tasteful and nice), you get the luxury/comfort cruising car, and you get the performance. The GLI to me is more of a flashy sonic the hedgehog car GOTTA GO FAST ALL THE TIME kinda deal. Which isn't bad, but I personally prefer the all around package. The car with more personality. I pick the A4.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM
1st Gear

I agree with b5. The Audi will give you the same thrills but will be more comfortable.. I'm an Audi guy all the way..

Another thing to think about it is (depending on where you live).. A lot of bystanders are either going to think your driving daddy's car.. Or that your a douche (jealousy)..

Its all up to you, but the ONLY reason I would ever choose a vw over an Audi would be for the TDI

Search this Thread