Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 - Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 08:25 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Audi A4 - Water Leak

We had water sloshing around under the driver's seat and in the left rear passenger footwell of our 2001 A4 Avant. Audi diagnosed it as blockage under the plastic covering at the base of the windshield under the hood. They descibe that area as having two "bowls" that can accumulate leaves and debris. When the bowl drains get clogged, heavy rain fills the bowls to overflowing and it comes into the cabin.

You might look there as the isue may not be related to the moonroof drains.

-RP

Old 11-18-2005, 06:18 AM
3rd Gear

You just reminded me of something. That is right where the avants run the water hose for the rear wiper washer. Not unheard of for that to leak in that area. Those pictures dont look like an avant but if it is an avant thats something else to think about. Its usually just a fittiiing that gets disconnected in that area.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: rpalmer

We had water sloshing around under the driver's seat and in the left rear passenger footwell of our 2001 A4 Avant. Audi diagnosed it as blockage under the plastic covering at the base of the windshield under the hood. They descibe that area as having two "bowls" that can accumulate leaves and debris. When the bowl drains get clogged, heavy rain fills the bowls to overflowing and it comes into the cabin.

You might look there as the isue may not be related to the moonroof drains.

-RP

RP

The bowl you speak of, its the one that is on the far left hand side? because i believe i know what your talking bout. i think this weekend is going to be a trial and error one for me bacause there are alot of suggestions of what it might be.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear

yeah do trial and error

also you can just go out and check exactly how many leaves you got

Old 01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Is there a way for the water to accumulate in the rear drivers side footwell in addition to the front? I am new to the A4 (I've owned it 4 days) and have the exact same problem, although I found at least a half inch of water in the rear as well.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Default a4 water leak

hey this an old thread but im replying mostly to ckandes 1 and hopefully il help you guys out..

i have a 98 a4 and in heavy rain, water pools (literally standing water) in the drivers side floor area as well as in the seat behind it...water has never reached any rightside area of the car... uhmm... ive gotten the water out by wet-vac sucking it up and then fan drying it over night - works very well and saves the hundreds of dollars it might cost to have it done at a shop..

the leaking water problem only happens in moderately heavy rain (and i think it happened when i washed my car once) so ive read some stuff online and came to think that is was a leak or busted tube from the windsheild overflow into the floor of the car...the water itslef has no oily or engine smells and has usually smelled like dirty rain water which confirms my belief of a outside leak..

until recently i didnt consider the sun/moon roof thing to be another cause but i think that it is probably exactly what it happening so if any of you has a problem like this check two things first: 1. a leak from near the windsheild drain off, 2. a leak from the sun/moon roof drainage system

interestingly enough ckandes said that this water could be running over fuses and wiring and just after i noticed this leaking water problem, my back left window stopped working completely...my guess was that is was a simple fuse problem..and now i think i know exactly what it is and what caused it
hope this helps

Old 11-04-2010, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Question

I have the same problem, left hand side leak. Did anyone work out how to fix it??

Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakeywakey
I have the same problem, left hand side leak. Did anyone work out how to fix it??

replace the tube(s).

Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 PM
1st Gear

Maybe its from the water box, replace it, dont cost that much

Old 12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

Just read your post. Wow, I have a 2005 A6 , but with no sun roof ?. Left side F/R footwell flooded. I thought I solved this issue in August, but now have same issue. Clearing and modified A/C drain under engine. Also cleared drain under battery. Still have water coming in to left side of car. Any suggestions please.

Quick Reply: Audi A4 - Water Leak