Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 Wont run Audi refusing warranty Will a seized motor still turn over?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:39 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A4 Wont run Audi refusing warranty Will a seized motor still turn over?

I bought a 2009 audi a4. It turns out it had an oil consumption problem. After some roundabout conversation with Palisades Audi and AudiUSA it was said the engine needed replacement and they replaced it and gave it a year warranty.

A month later the water pump went and they wanted 1300 bucks to change it. After some questions of why the waterpump was suddenly bad in the new motor they changed it.

A month later the turbo goes out. AudiUSA, Palisades Audi and myself split the cost and put a new turbo in.

I took it in for brakes and some other small repairs then drove it for a couple months and the engine died in the middle of a snowstorm. I nearly froze waiting for a tow truck in the cold car from 10am to 1:30 the next morning. I finally abandoned the car and came back as soon as possible. It was ticketed. waited again in the cold for a tow truck until almost 5 pm the next night. It was towed to Manhattan Audi where they held it for a few days then said they were not going to repair it. They said the motor was seized and that since I could not find receipts for the oil change they would not fix it. I had to to pay $700 to tow it out or pay storage fees to the dealer. I went to tow it and the door was open, interior lights switched on and grease hand prints were on the interior. Of course the battery is toast. They would not help jump it to get it in neutral so it could be towed so I had to get someone off the street to help. We tried to charge and strangely it would turn over though they said it was seized. Does this sound correct ?

Now for a bit of a rant
I was given a quote for $300 for the battery and $10500 for the motor not including labor. I am an Air Force veteran and have built, lawnmowers, race cars, drones, and large military cargo jets with engines large enough to park an Audi inside. Im familiar with the effects of oil and know that after a couple months of driving this car should be fine. I am completely destroyed that missing receipts would give Audi the opportunity to walk away from this. My business is shutting down because I cant drive to work. This was used to drive my clients around Manhattan. It ran without issue for a very short time and was on the road no longer than 8 months, less than 4 on the new engine. I have 3 years of payments and insurance on a car that will seemingly never run. Also obviously I cant sell it without covering the loan. The serious work and life issues this has caused can not be undone. Everyday is a struggle to get this resolved and everyday I have to see that car.

It has now been rotting in the driveway for several months. I was waving the Audi flag when they first helped. This was my first Audi and my clients loved it. Now I cant even talk about the car without embarrassment and negativity.