Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A6 1995 (2.8L) FWD

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 09:13 PM
1st Gear
Default Audi A6 1995 (2.8L) FWD

I purchased my Audi at the end of 1995 - took me a while to pay for it, but thank God, that pain is over.
Now, my gamma radio fm/am cassette radio, stopped working, I went to Bradsmart to purcahse a new cassette radio,
and harness and paid the installation fee.
The technician said, that the car system was complicated b/c I have amplifiers in the rear speakers, and the tech. suggested
that I would have to change the wiring, and speakers ?
My car looks good for being 11 years old, covered parking, and runs well since I do regular maintenance.

I was hoping to change the radio w/o too much complication or digging deep into my pocket.

First, I check the junk yards and they wanted $150.00 to send me the radio, seems expensive for an 11 year old radio.

Then I found a web site from U.K. that apparently sells, the wiring harness w/o having to cut any wires, but limited to buying a blaupunkt radio.

While reading through the general forum for Audi, I did notice another person asking about their radio and possibly the simple fact of replacing a fuse -

I took out the radio, but do not know where this fuse is located.

I really do not want to chance buying a radio from a junk yard, since they are located out of the State of Florida.

Is there a wiring harness that would allow me to replace the factory radio w/o cutting wires to adapt and not have to change the speakers that are working just fine and be able to install my choice of an economical replacement radio.