Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi advocacy group??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2018, 03:34 PM
1st Gear
Angry Audi advocacy group??

Hello everyone, I am a newbie to this group. Not a newbie to Audi though. I purchased a new 2009 A4 in January 2010 from Audi Dallas on Lemmon Ave. Little did I know that I was purchasing an actual lemon (no blame on Audi Dallas though). I moved to Toronto in January of 2012 and continued to service the car at dealerships. Gently driven, properly serviced, etc. However, since 2012 I have had NOTHING but problems with the car. I have spent approximately USD10K on numerous repairs and the car continues to disappoint me. It stutters if I don't keep the revs up, the engine light is always on, it misfires and it has left me stranded on the street on 3 occasions. I can't even pass the "drive clean" test which means i can't renew my tags (so I am driving illegally). Oh!...and the oil consumption is insane! Oil is leaking back into the engine causing "gook" on the plugs and everywhere else. I have to put in oil every 3 weeks.

The purpose of my post is not to get advice (I have given up), instead, I am here to warn anyone expecting fair customer service and quality machinery from Audi that you may not get what you expect.

Buyer beware....

Old 05-16-2018, 03:46 PM
2nd Gear

Not many visit this site anymore. Sorry to hear you had a bad one. I, on the other hand, have 223k miles on my 2008 with little issue. It is now starting to have some issues. Hard to complain after how long it has served me well.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:39 PM
1st Gear

I've had trained veteran Audi mechanics tell me not to buy an Audi due to how problematic they are, in particular the more recent models...things like valve springs breaking and other things that new cars should just not do....more then once Audi mechanics have recommended I get a Japanese car. At the end of the day though man a car dealership is a car dealership, they are just an office full of sales people and over worked mechanics.

Last edited by mobildetroit; 05-24-2018 at 04:41 PM.