Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

desperately need help and/or any idea with my Audi A4 2009 battery problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:29 PM
1st Gear
Default desperately need help and/or any idea with my Audi A4 2009 battery problem

Hi all,
This is my first time here, I have Audi A4 2009 Premium Plus
I have a battery problem for at least 6 months now.
I'll try to keep my story short
One day my battery was completely drained, AAA jumped me and suggested I should look into getting new battery. The battery was over 2 yrs old so I went to Interstate and got a new one. A week later the same thing happened, I went to my local shop to check the alternator which was fine. Recharged the battery and 1-2 weeks later battery dies again, my local mechanic said that I needed original Audi battery. Well I returned Interstate one and got Audi, they coded the battery to the car. 1 month later same thing, car completely dead although the batter lasted twice as long vs Interstate battery...
I drive the car on the daily basis and the battery gets drained overnight.
Went back to my mechanic and they said it's the radio, they took it out - sent it somewhere to fix putted back in and 2 weeks later dead again! They ordered new radio - 2 weeks later with the new radio and the car is completely dead ( they coded the radio to the car as well )
I was so frustrated, but my mechanic insisted he will still figure it out
We agreed he will keep it 1 week longer, I'm afraid I will have to take the car somewhere else and start all over again
I have no clue what's going on, the car was perfectly fine all the time ( only 60K miles on it ) and all the sudden this battery issue !
I will probably go to the Audi dealer or maybe another Audi certified mechanic ( there is one more in my area )

Please any advice, I'm desperate at this moment

Thank you all for any help

Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 AM
2nd Gear

Radio is what I would be looking at as the fault. In order for the battery to drain over night something has to be pulling a lot of juice. The strange part is that it doesn't happen every night. Might check your brake lights. Make sure that the switch isn't sticking causing the lights to remain on after you step off the pedal. That could happen randomly and would draw enough juice to drain the battery.

Does you mechanic state why they think the radio is the problem?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

He mentioned there was a very small draw, like 1,5-2 Amps.
I think this was the reason why they put brand new radio in? originally they fixed my radio but car died after few weeks again..
We all hoped the new radio was the solution, but I guess not.. Also, as you mentioned it doesn't seem to me that the radio could drain the battery over night? And yes that doesn't happen every night..