AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Audi Jukebox Why won't it Import? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/audi-jukebox-why-wont-import-192849/)

RTA 02-26-2013 07:51 PM

Audi Jukebox Why won't it Import?

When I try to import a CD I hit import, turn the dial to the CD but it is grey like all other sources and it is not an option. Why is this happening? The CD plays fine and I tried a few.

Thanks

edogg23 03-13-2013 05:55 AM

Grrr

I have been dealing with this issue myself. Although it seemed to indicate otherwise and I was able to do it on my Nissan Altima, according to the Audi website, it can't be done. They claim it's a copy protection thing. I don't believe that at all. It's a computer programming laziness thing.

juke box > Technical Questions: MMI > Audi Questions and Answers > Audi of America

Can I import store-bought CDs into the jukebox?
Store-bought CDs or CDs that are burned using a computer as "music" or "audio" CDs cannot be imported to the jukebox. They are encoded to the CD in such a way that they are copyright protected, so the MMI is reading them as something not compatible to import.

However, songs can be loaded to your computer (using a program such as iTunes) and then converted to compatible files (e.g., mp3 files). These files can be saved as data onto another media source (e.g., an SD card, USB stick (if you have a USB connector) or another CD) and imported to the jukebox. The important thing to remember is that you must use file formats compatible with your vehicle's entertainment system.

DoctorBob 06-02-2013 05:23 PM

This is NOT good! I just got my Audi A7 yesterday and have spent all morning trying to figure out how to import CDs. I can't even import CDs that I have burned from MP3s! What would one import from a CD other than songs, and if you can't import music, what's the point of suggesting that one can import from CDs? My salesman specifically told me one *could* import from CDs. Grrrrr!!

Well, with that said, anyone know an easy way to use iTunes and maintain folders so when one imports from a SD card, the Jukebox will maintain the folders (ie - keep the songs listed under the correct "album" for searching, etc) or can this be done?

I exported all my iTunes into MP3 format, but I have a few hundred individual songs, without them listed by CD. I don't want a huge mess in the Jukebox. Guess I can always delete them and start over if need be.

Well, at least the iPod works great!

............Bob

Chris Eyre 03-14-2015 09:47 AM

Frustrated

Just bought my wife a new BMW Z4. Loaded CDs onto the jukebox simply and quickly.

Got myself a new A3 at the same time......... How can it be a breach of copyright to copy CDs onto an audi jukebox but not BMW?

Audi needs to get their act together.

Bloody frustratingly!

Flynavy 03-14-2015 01:17 PM

Jukebox

I just bought a new A8L wanted to play my music from iPod loaded from iTunes ...problem the consul is very small. I asked at the dealer if I could upload to Jukebox from the iPod.....NO!
Ok so the front door is closed so I went thru the back door..

What I did was burned a DVD (NOT CD) DVD holds more, anyway burnt the DVD from my Mac playlist. Burnt for {DATA} not mp3. Data copies all the files then loaded it into the cd changer in the car perfect... Solved my problem with over 400 recordings.:D
Accessed "MEDIA" and plays from there.
Hope this helps.

Audi Tek 03-16-2015 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Eyre (Post 1489077)
Just bought my wife a new BMW Z4. Loaded CDs onto the jukebox simply and quickly. Got myself a new A3 at the same time......... How can it be a breach of copyright to copy CDs onto an audi jukebox but not BMW? Audi needs to get their act together. Bloody frustratingly!

Audi can do it. But they ship the car with the feature turned off. It's supposed to be turned on during the PDI process.... Atleast that's how it works stateside

diabL0 10-18-2015 02:15 AM

MY A4 will upload some songs but not all of them from SD cards..

I produce music, and the songs i import that i've produced wont play.. maybe i need to change them to mp3 instead of wav files. not sure

Zintis 12-05-2016 06:34 PM

CD import into Juke Box

Audi states in their online manual that "store bought" CD's can't be imported into the JukeBox. This is a pretty silly veiled maneuver by their corporate lawyers in regard to copy infringement laws - you'r actually copying digital data from the CD and putting it on their (now your) hard drive - a rip. It absolutely can be done - I've been ripping CD's in my 2017 A7 for a few days now. If it's not an obvious sequence of keystrokes, contact an Audi dealer to show you how.