Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

audio questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:25 PM
1st Gear
Default audio questions

I want to improve the basic audio system in the B7.
Does anyone have picts, or info. on speaker sizes, wiring diagrams, and how to remove the door panels?
Also, where is/are the subwoofers located in the B7?

It looks like the 4 tweeters are 1". I removed the covers, the tweeters are attached to the covers but I don't know
how to remove the tweets from the covers.
At this point I want to just try new compenent speakers to hear how much the improvement is.
If I have to I can go with my amp and sub.

I found an interesting tip on the audi forums.
It says that the Syphony head unit has band eq capabilities in a "hidden" mode.
Has anyone heard of this and tried it? Does it work?

You access the settings by turning off the car, remove the key, then turn the radio on by pressing the power/volume button and at the same time
hold down the #5 preset button. If it goes right you will see the readout showing 55555555. There are 8 adjustments that can be made.
A thru H
4 for the front speakers
4 for the rear speakers

You can adjust lower and upper bass along with lower and upper treble in front and back.

The first digit starts to blink (low bass front) and you can adjust it by using the volume know up and down.
Advance to the next digit (upper bass front) by pressing the P scan button.
When you're done turn the radio off and then on again and you'll hear the new settings
You can't do the adjustments with the car running.

Anyone heard or tried this on a B7?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: audio questions

Hey if your b7 speakers are like past audi speakers... they are awesome. The problem is that they don't get enough power. Amp your stock speakers, and I bet you'll be happy!
The problem people have is that they crank their stereo's volume up so loud, and they start to distort a lot (lack of power) and then the speakers blow. Honestly, amp the speakers... you might have to rewire the car depending on how it's setup, but it'll be worth it. The speakers are good! Trust me!

Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: audio questions

yeah, but be careful amping the speakers, I don't know about the Audi speakers, but you have to watch your ohm loads you put to the amp.