Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 12:13 AM
1st Gear
Default ABS light

I recently completed a lot of work on my 98 A4. New front suspension parts, timing belt, water pump, t.stat, etc. I've taken out the cruise module & sent it out for repair. I finally got to start it for the first time in a week today & the ABS light is on & the brake light is flashing. Is this normal with the cruise module out?

Old 02-18-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light

i know when cars are smogged sometimes ,at least like on my front wheel drive a4,the wheel speed sensor gets thrown off because only 2 wheels are moving,it should clear once you drive and the car recognizes all wheels are moving.

Old 02-18-2006, 10:50 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light

Well I found the problem with my ABS. When I reassembled the driver side I must have been a little careless installing the axle. I think it got a little cocked while reinstalling it. The end of the ABS sensor was tweaked. I replaced the sensor (expensive mistake) & all's well! Now I just need an alignment & it'll be good to go.