AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Bilstein Sport Shocks and Nuespeed Race Springs (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/bilstein-sport-shocks-nuespeed-race-springs-16581/)

Colorado_A4 09-18-2005 03:28 AM

Bilstein Sport Shocks and Nuespeed Race Springs

I see that a lot of people are using this set up, I just want to know how the ride is over stock? Is it really a rough ride now? Oh...and where is a good place to buy them? Thanks

audiboy1618 09-18-2005 04:23 AM

RE: Bilstein Sport Shocks and Nuespeed Race Springs

Normally any race spring setup is not going to be exactly comfy. I have s4 bils/h&rs and i can tell you the ride is def brutal.

flyboy 09-18-2005 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Normally any race spring setup is not going to be exactly comfy. I have s4 bils/h&rs and i can tell you the ride is def brutal.
and if a guy guy is saying it a brutal ride, well then you can only imagin.

j/k

insuite 09-18-2005 01:04 PM

I'm running Bilstein Sport Shocks with Neuspeed SPORT Springs (not Race) and it's really nice, not too harsh at all. IMO there's no reason for a tighter street setup. In combo with new sway bars and Quattro AWD, it carries its speed through the turns exceptionally well.

flyinb501 09-18-2005 11:48 PM

The ride is rougher, but mine is not harsh by any means. I've heard neuspeed is not quite as stiff compared to others such as h&r.

audiboy1618 09-18-2005 11:56 PM

flyboy, dont you belive me? What do u think u can get when put a suspension what was meant for a car 600pd heavier then yours, then put it on the lowest/stiffest setting. Harsh.

Beaner 09-19-2005 12:58 AM

LOL, u guys are funny! why am I laughing?

Well I put Eibach springs on and I have stock non-sport shocks! agh! I wonde rhow long they'll last :(.... Hey does anybody know if my car will drop any lower with race-shocks?

-bean

swift_A4 09-19-2005 01:09 AM

i am riding on h&r race springs and bilstein sport shocks. much stiffer over stock but the car feels more responsive and solid. i think even though there is a change in the stiffness you make up for it in response. it is not a bad ride, nothing i really notice to often.

evolution sports
check out this site, they are where i get all my stuff great guys and they will have a set-up for you

QuattroGT74 09-19-2005 01:52 AM

Guys, how much will the Bilstein SPORT shock/Neuspeed SPORT springs lower a B7 with factory standard suspension?

audiboy1618 09-19-2005 02:00 AM

Not sure, but i know with mine,the exhaust bolts are about 3.5in from the ground. Mine have four perches in the front, so this thing is absoluty slammed. Makes the sports stock 16s look big.