Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build it

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Site Moderator
Default Build it

We really should build our DIY section up. Its sort of stupid to have to resortto a different forums site to get ahold ofstuff we can just as easily create.Imamazed there is not even atiming belt DIY here. If any of you guys (or girls) are going to bedoing any kind of maintenance that would be good for a DIY article (that wedont already have) then we need a comitment from you. We need people who take good quality pics and who are very detailed. Im doing my water pump this weekend and will take pics. It could almost be used as a timing belt DIY since I have to take appart 90% of the same stuff to get to it. Anyways, we all own Audi's, so there is always something to do! It would really help and we could even maybe get you an Official AF Donor tag or some **** [8D]

Also, if you have ever created a DIY thread that didnt get posted in the DIY section, and you think it should, let me know!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Build it

good call man, i got some pretty good pics for my tein coilover install that i can put together sometime soon. as well as some DV installs and boost gauge, wish i took some more pics for the TB and CV boot replacement, but i'm down to help put some of the stuff together.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 AM

good call man, i got some pretty good pics for my tein coilover install that i can put together sometime soon. as well as some DV installs and boost gauge,
Ahhh, those would be amazing! I'm about to do boost gauge, DV, and coilovers in that order and those would really help me out. I would volunteer to do a DIY for one of them but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. Haha. So yes, I agree with beefing up the DIY section.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:23 AM
Site Moderator

Thanks.Sounds good other than I think there is already a boost gauge DIY.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:34 AM
5th Gear

i just added one and im gona add a clear coat to my tinted tails so i could technically do a tail light tint DIY since im adding another coat and i might do the headlights just to make my ride completely sinister so i could do a headlight DIY. i also gotta put some o-ring assembly lube on my coolant flange, so i could do a coolant flange DIY. then im gona paint my lowers, so i could do a DIY for that. after that i'm gona custom mount a greddy profec b into the trim to the left of the steering wheel, so that would be another.

so if u want, i'll do those. it should all be done by the end of the week, except for the profec b, which should be done the week after.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Site Moderator

I dont know about the tail light DIY, since it should be about a 1 up to maybe 3 step process. But the other stuff sounds good. I think they should be more mechanical/technical related DIY atricles. Its annoying when I see "proper washing techniques DIY" and no "Timing belt DIY"

Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 AM
5th Gear

well as soon as something breaks, i'll be sure to write about it

Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Site Moderator

Post the coolant flange diy for sure and the greddy profec. Didnt you already paint your lowers?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:10 AM
5th Gear

nah i just used Mothers Back to Black. It looks like its painted but i've been told it fades after a few washes. So i'm just gona paint them at the same time as my tails and headlights. i think i'm gona paint the rings in the front and back, and the sidemarkers on the fenders, red to match my calipers and rims. it would definitely look like no other a4 out there and that is really appealing to me.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:34 AM

I'll be installing my Forge 007 this weekend, so I'll take pics & post them when I'm done.

Quick Reply: Build it