Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C cold, then not the cold again.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:10 AM
1st Gear
Default A/C cold, then not the cold again.

The A/C was not cold enough so I recharged it with a kit from Autozone. It worked fine after the recharge for a week or so.

Today I drove the car and at the begining the air blew cool but not cold even if it was set to the lowest temp. Then it blew cold air but went back to not so cold humid air. It seems like the compressor is not working all the time it should be.

Any input?

Old 04-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Default RE: A/C cold, then not the cold again.

i had a similar experience couple days ago. i was on a freeway and set the temp to 63degree and i had warm/hot air coming out. only when the temp was at LO blew out cold air and rest of 'em blew warm/hot air. even at 61,62,63,64,65 and so on. i dont know what was going on but now its all good.
i just wish it wont happen again..

Old 04-29-2007, 04:13 AM
1st Gear

You might have a leak in the system and its causing your compressor to go in saftey mode so it dosent ruin it. You can try and get some of that UV dye, they sell it at autozone also and put in the system and see if its leaking.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Site Moderator

Ihave the same problem. Cold airfor 2 minutes, then warm airfor 2 minutes, and it repeats like that forever. I dont get it. If you figure it out, let us know.

Old 04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
1st Gear

the interior temp sensor maybe?

Old 06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
1st Gear

Update:

I believe the cause was the fact that the A/C fan was dead. Open the hood and turn the A/C on. If the passenger side electric fan is not working then this is probably the reason. I replaced mine.
[/align]

Old 06-26-2007, 09:58 AM
3rd Gear

I have the same problem and a/c fanworks fine, a/c motor kicks in, flaps change. I tought I had a leak but no leak so far.when I turn the ac on, i can feel the a/c pipes gets ice cold but does not blow cold air. I will check On-Board Diagnostic codes, see if it helps. Here gets hotter and I hate driving without a/c.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:36 AM
4th Gear

Arif,

Just loosen the two big hoses going to the compressor. 4 bolts andthe compressor is off. Then remove therest of the ssociated a/c hardware from the engine. With less weight and no a/c, you'll break that 14 at the drag strip!

Just a thought................

Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

Onarifs car where he feels the tubes are cold I would say its the flaps in the heater box that are sticking part way in the heat mode. The cold and not so cold going over and over could be a vacum line leaking and when your throttle is down the flaps go part way closed causing the air to blend and warm up. You might want to take notice if the air warms on hard throttle or not can shed some light on things. If the throttle has no effect it could be the pressure switch not controlling the compressor correctly.

Good Luck...

Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: acetrebo

Arif,

Just loosen the two big hoses going to the compressor. 4 bolts andthe compressor is off. Then remove therest of the ssociated a/c hardware from the engine. With less weight and no a/c, you'll break that 14 at the drag strip!

Just a thought................
as long as it's my dd, i cannot give up ac

if I buy another car for my dd, then I'll lose at least 200lbs on this car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C cold, then not the cold again.