AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Camshaft positioning sensor??? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/camshaft-positioning-sensor-48709/)

nighta46289 12-10-2006 07:24 PM

Camshaft positioning sensor???

k well since i bought my car ive had the CEL on so i went and checked it out at autozone...it showed that my camshaft positioning sensor is what made that turn on...autozone told me 95 bucks for it...but my cars running fine i think.....im getting revo..forge 007...and new spark plugs all for 640 this week and im trying to see how big of a problem that sensor could be? ..need some help thnx guys

Jeff 12-10-2006 07:42 PM

RE: Camshaft positioning sensor???

ya its kind of important. if it dies then your car wont even start. i would fit it

BadLuckAudi 12-10-2006 07:48 PM

yea i would fix it now rather than be fucked somewhere later when it dies on ya

DGAFxxx 12-10-2006 07:49 PM

I had the same problem, replaced the sensor, still had the code.... car ran fine.. come to find out the previous owner tried to do a timing belt, they didnt set the timing right, timing was off by about 4 teeth.

acetrebo 12-10-2006 07:56 PM

Have you tried clearing the code?

Clear it and see if it comes back or not.

new2me 12-10-2006 07:58 PM

This would be an important fix before getting Revo and other performance mods. I had the cell come on because i changed my timing belt and disconnected the sensor with the battery still connected, so the computer detected a fault in the line. (that's the only way i can explain it) Anyways all i did was disconect the battery and the code has been gone for a few months now.

Try disconecting the battery to see if the light comes back (may take a few days) or just replace it for the $95.

BadLuckAudi 12-10-2006 08:07 PM

holy crap i cant believe the car was running 4 teeth off thats crazy

ORIGINAL: DGAFxxx

I had the same problem, replaced the sensor, still had the code.... car ran fine.. come to find out the previous owner tried to do a timing belt, they didnt set the timing right, timing was off by about 4 teeth.

acetrebo 12-10-2006 08:10 PM

Yeah, that dont sound right, I wouldn't expect the car to run at all. 2nd that ^^^^^^^

DGAFxxx 12-10-2006 08:28 PM

it ran... didnt have as much power as it should, also caused quite a few random misfire codes.

BadLuckAudi 12-10-2006 08:40 PM

yea but 4 teeth usually means valves being reshaped by the pistons and alot bigger probs than some misfires lol, you my friend are a lucky SOB :D

ORIGINAL: DGAFxxx

it ran... didnt have as much power as it should, also caused quite a few random misfire codes.