AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   can i drive my car everyday? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/can-i-drive-my-car-everyday-51620/)

xav6ier 01-15-2007 12:23 AM

can i drive my car everyday?

ok i just posted that i just went Big turbo. but now that i a BT will i be able to drive it like every day bc i heard that u cant do that bc sumthing on the car will snap or break. but for a KO4 turbo is just like a KO3 u can drive it speed a little and not worry is this true?

wood_e 01-15-2007 12:46 AM

RE: can i drive my car everyday?

Sure you can if you're good to it and your tune is good. Your AF ratio should be monitored to make sure you're not rich or lean.

Lazer Viking 01-15-2007 12:48 AM

i wasnt aware that a k04 was classified as a big turbo

but yes, the perfect dd turbo upgrade

onepoint8tee 01-15-2007 01:02 AM

ORIGINAL: xav6ier

ok i just posted that i just went Big turbo. but now that i a BT will i be able to drive it like every day bc i heard that u cant do that bc sumthing on the car will snap or break. but for a KO4 turbo is just like a KO3 u can drive it speed a little and not worry is this true?
??????? Where are you getting your information from???????

Is there a full moon tonight or WHAT?

widgget 01-15-2007 01:10 AM

The K04 Isn't A BT, You'll Be Just fine Running A K04 As A DD.

Amze 01-15-2007 01:59 AM

LOL. Thats some awesome english...

But yes you should be able to drive it everyday, just take percausions and upgrade what needs to be upgrade to work with the ko4.. It seems like a clutch upgrade is a smart idea.

ImTheDevil 01-15-2007 02:10 AM

Hell, you could run a GT35R as a daily driver if you wanted to, and your car would be fine, provided you weren't revving the tits off it and beating the shit out of it all the time. It's not the most streetable turbo, but that doesn't mean you CAN'T drive it daily. Whether you'd want to or not is a different story though...but I agree, a K04 is not a big jump up and you'll probably really enjoy the car on a daily basis with it.

xav6ier 01-15-2007 02:27 AM

i wasnt saying that hte ko4 was a BT i was doin research on BT and i heard from this site that some BT cars have problems.

Jeff 01-15-2007 02:30 AM

sure the bigger you go the more porblems you will have. but i ran my t3t4 with some minor setbacks. and still loved it. i made 6 10 hour trips no problem but i also broke it driving in the neighborhood

david9999 01-15-2007 09:29 AM

BT can only be driven on Mondays and Thursdays.:D

Joking aside, the more you deviate from the cars original design and specifications, the more likely you are to run into problems.

That goes for turbos and suspensions.