AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Cannot put my key in the ignition?! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/cannot-put-my-key-ignition-71893/)

jdes 08-10-2007 06:09 PM

Cannot put my key in the ignition?!

Cannot put my key in the ignition?! It's like it's blocked. Any ideas?!

Belligerenceā„¢ 08-10-2007 07:24 PM

RE: Cannot put my key in the ignition?!

is is the right key?

MrFlippant 08-10-2007 08:48 PM

This can easily be corrupted into a terrible, terrible joke. But I'm just not going to go there.

ItsThat2.0T 08-10-2007 08:56 PM

uhhh...I'm honestly laughing and shaking my head right now [:@]....

david9999 08-10-2007 08:59 PM

Assuming you aren't in the wrong car, it may be that the ignition lock is worn out and needs to be replaced.

01A4T 08-10-2007 09:50 PM

is it going in but you can't turn it, or it won't even go in at all? also, what year is your car?

96audia4 08-10-2007 10:30 PM

Is it possible that someone (like a small child) shoved something in there? Can you see if something is in there blocking the key? What year is your car?

acetrebo 08-11-2007 12:14 AM

Is something else occupying your hole? Have you looked in there with a flashlight?

Avant1.8t 08-11-2007 12:17 AM

Is this serious?

01A4T 08-11-2007 01:42 AM

Shady...................And yes folks i am druuuunk! woooooooooooooo

jdes 08-17-2007 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: david9999

Assuming you aren't in the wrong car, it may be that the ignition lock is worn out and needs to be replaced.
Yeah I'm thinking probably that. My father first had the problem and I thought that he was just being ignorant. He eventually got it to go in after my jiggling, shaking and crossing fingers. Now it won't work period. It's like there's something physically preventing it from going in.

jdes 08-17-2007 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL: 96audia4

Is it possible that someone (like a small child) shoved something in there? Can you see if something is in there blocking the key? What year is your car?
It's a 96. It has that metal trap door-like thing preventing me from looking into the ignition. It only opens when you push the key through it.

jdes 08-17-2007 04:55 PM

How easy is it to replace the ignition?

Oh and as far as the "is he serious?" "it soundsshady to me" comments. Just try to be helpfull that's what forums are for.

Darknight101 08-17-2007 06:35 PM

Get a can of WD40 and something to clean up the key with. First off you want to make sure its the right car jk... Take the red tip of the can and shove it in I'm guessing the trap door on it is bent or a spring came off in that case have fun getting it out or just replace it. Next Spray like mad and let sit for 1 min inset key if you can if not you'll have to force something to brake that door open when doing that your SOL if it jams in and dosent pop loss and move like it should. When key is in move it around in and out in and out.... Wipe key and repeat about 5 times to clear the junk from inside the lock. Low and behold this will also work if the lock just dosent wont to turn with the right key.

If your in a heavy dust or humid area its a good idea to do this about every 6 months just for fun it makes a huge differnace and its simple.

sdsteez 08-17-2007 07:06 PM

never had the chance to say this so......[sm=ttiwwp.gif]not exactly worthless, but hard to help if we dont know what youre talking about

96audia4 08-17-2007 09:49 PM

96 A4's have a recall for the ignition switch. You can call the dealer and get them to do it, or just do it yourself. Personally, I would DIY b/c its pretty easy and cheap.