AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   COILOVER PICS -- nothing to crazy... (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/coilover-pics-nothing-crazy-14856/)

headshok2002 08-18-2005 06:22 PM

RE: COILOVER PICS -- nothing to crazy...

Haha, I am just happy to have defeated the devil bolt... thanks to a new addition to the toolbox... some big dewalt drill.

And yes... I am nervous about the fender rolling... but it needs to be done! It scraped today a bit... blast!

Any thoughts on cutting the plastic liner? good bad? I am worried salt/dirt/water will get up behind it if I cut it away... and rot everything away.

Oh, and also, if you look inside my fender, the paint is lifting off the lip of the fender. It is not noticable, as it is INSIDE the fender... but damn, if it starts to peel, it'll eventually make its way to visible territory. Any thoughts on that?

Dave666 08-18-2005 06:45 PM

SICK..
Soooo Sooo BLACK!

miked 08-18-2005 10:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Dave666

SICK..
Soooo Sooo BLACK!
thats the first thing i noticed. its such a deep black i love it.

headshok2002 08-18-2005 11:17 PM

Thanks again... it's a pretty common color... 'ebony pearl metallic' -- pre 2000 it was known as volcano black, which a lot of people have. It's not too bad... I am a big fan of flat black though :)

in fact, when I saw the ad for my car... I never considered that it might be metallic black... so when I saw it in person, I almost didn't buy it! But... yeah... I was in no financial position to get picky about the colour. It has however grown on me since I bought it. As soon as I do exhaust, and MAYBE (BIG maybe) do an S4 interior conversion... I'll be done for a long while.

miked 08-18-2005 11:34 PM

oo s4 interior conversion. that would be so sick, i love that idea. any idea how much that would cost?

headshok2002 08-18-2005 11:43 PM

I dunno, under a grand for all the seats and door skins... HOWEVER: it ain't gonna be easy. In fact, before it was the $ scaring me away... now it is the WORK! Since our cars (1.8T's) don't have power seats... and the S4's ALL have power seats... you can see where I am going with this. Apparently, to get the seat rails to mount to the car.. there is drilling, and even some welding involved. Not to mention tearing up the carpets to run wire and sh!t. I REALLY want to have an S4 interior... but I really don't want to actually do it.

PandaXpress 08-18-2005 11:44 PM

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

MAYBE (BIG maybe) do an S4 interior conversion... I'll be done for a long while.

u kno i always wanted to do that also but i want to do something diffrent it will be a half a S4 interior conversion
i want to get racing seats in the front and get the S4 rear seat that match the color of the front seats
that would be sick

headshok2002 08-18-2005 11:51 PM

how different are the S4 rear seats though?

and I dunno... racing seats don't do it for me. I want something I can comfortably drive 6 hours in... I want lumbar!

Why doesn't my car have lumbar support!?!?!?! IT MAKES NO SENSE! I have every option I can think of, cept for bose (which doesnt matter anymore)... but no lumbar. Can you get it in b5 1.8t's?

PandaXpress 08-19-2005 12:14 AM

the B6 have RECARO Rear seats and they look nice

headshok2002 08-19-2005 12:19 AM

ah yes... I'm a b5 obviously... I don't know if the S4 seats are much different. Real leather though -- which is worth the price in itself, I think...

but the lumbar, the bigger bolsters, the better look, and more adjustment... can't complain about that either. I just hate power seats... I am the only one who drives my car, save like once or twice a year... so power seats are just something else to break.

I might do it though... just don't know if I have the time to wrestle with them.