AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   DARN IT! WHITE SMOKE!!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/darn-white-smoke-29591/)

PhoneixFire13 04-15-2006 07:49 AM

DARN IT! WHITE SMOKE!!!

Darn it anyway.... I let my friend drive me home from the bar in my audi, he tried to start from a light in 3rd like 5 seperate times. He finally super gunned it, gave it a ton of gas, ran it up to about 6k RPM and then got it into 1st.... anyway in the interum, i see white smoke coming from under my car and it smells like "burned" something or another. I am too worried to search on this topic tonite... what fluid, part or material "burned" producing white smoke and what do i need to watch for, and or change\maintain for the car to continue to run in optimal condition. I'm really scared he hurt my car, but I'm admitting my pure ignorance on this one. PLEASE PLEASE ADVICE!!! PF

techbod 04-15-2006 08:15 AM

RE: DARN IT! WHITE SMOKE!!!

oh dear the dreaded white smoke ( head gasket ), check for the obvious like lose of coolant/water in the oil/oil in the water/water in the cylinders

Jestnomen 04-15-2006 11:14 AM

Does the smoke smell sweet (coolant)?? Sure it isn't a white blue (oil)?

Slowb5 04-15-2006 02:23 PM

check around your oil filler cap, and see if there is any white sh!t around the cap...if so headgasket....

PhoneixFire13 04-15-2006 03:07 PM

I don't know what to tell everyone... I just woke up, and basicly he just ran it really "hot" in terms of RPM, hit 6k and sat there, I saw white smoke, but no distinction between bluish white and white.... the only other time i've smelled that smell was when I accidentally took a friends car from 2nd to fifth (years and years ago I might add). So everyone thinks, check oil, check coolant.... and if they are looking ok and are decent levels with not significant burning or anything, check head gasket? And if it is the head gasket, is this something I will take out and clear, or totally replace, or replace substantial portions of parts. Thanks all, as I said, I don't know if searching this one will even come up with anything, but damn, i'm REALLY MAD! Thanks all, PF

Jestnomen 04-15-2006 07:14 PM

Well you really need to go get a compression test done I suppose to see if the head gasket is blown. If it is expect at least a $600 bill for a rebuild.

CRAZYHAWK 04-15-2006 07:21 PM

It could be burned clutch you've smelled.

Mott Power 04-15-2006 07:46 PM

Yeah man, starting in third gear will definitely burn your clutch like that. And especially if it was coming from underneath the car.

forcefedaudi 04-15-2006 08:13 PM

i had similar problem, orginela clutch had 80,000 on it and miss second but got fourth. Needed to replace the cutch.yeah a$$hole move wasnt paying attention.

specialK4 04-15-2006 08:37 PM

my question is how do you go from 3rd to 1st??? wtf? and if hes this stupid why would u let him drive ur car!!!