Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light came on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 04:27 AM
1st Gear
Default ABS light came on.

So I was dirving home just a little while ago and on the way I here this loud beeping noise, I look down at my dash and the BRAKE light is flashing and the ABS light is lit. I continue driving home and the BRAKE light goes out but the ABS light remains lit. What do I need to do to fix this? Also will it be OK to drive until I get this fixed? I have a small trip to go on tomarrow and need to take the car. Any input welcome. Thanx

Old 08-18-2007, 04:28 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: ABS light came on.

most likely the abs pump. to make sure you would need to get it vag'd

Old 08-18-2007, 04:38 AM
1st Gear

How much would that cost to replace? Also the Brakes seemed to work fine even after the lights came on, Don't know if that matters or not.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:45 AM
1st Gear

err its probably the module not the pump. dont know why i said that earlier. anyway you can get a rebuilt one here
http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/P...px?category=40
or have them rebuild it.

get it vag'd though first because it could be something different, but iirc if when you get it vag'd you shouldn't be able to connect to the module if its bad.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

It should be OK to drive until then right? It would just be ordinary brakes and not ABS?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: generik777

It should be OK to drive until then right? It would just be ordinary brakes and not ABS?
Don't sweat it, its your ABS module (The computer bit) If audizine was up id have the link for you for the website you send the module to have it rebuilt. Ive had mine on for the past 3 weeks now. The brakes are actually stronger without ABS, just you got to be careful not to lock up under panic.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I've been waiting for the zine to come back up as well. Anyways, I just went for a drive to test the brakes and as I was backing out of my drive way the ABS light went out. I went out in the country and did some hard braking just as a test and everything seemed to be fine, so I came back home turned off the car for awhile then came back and restarted it and still no ABS light. Maybe I got lucky and it was just a little glitch or something. Also Maybe I should say that when it came on last night it was about 3 AM after leaving a friends house. Well a little earlier at around midnight me and some friends were out on some back roads in upwards of 120 MPH and I had to do some hard braking as well so I didn't fly through some stop signs and such, After having some fun we went back to their place were the car sat till about 3 when we went home, It was on the way home that the light beeped and came on. Is it possible that it was just kind of an after affect of the abuse they were taking a few hours earlier? Anyways I'm happy the light went away. Hopefully it don't come back.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

It'll come back, the light will be on / off at first and then stay on longer and longer, until its just on all the time.

Old 08-18-2007, 06:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: MilitantGrunt

ORIGINAL: generik777

Don't sweat it, its your ABS module (The computer bit) If audizine was up id have the link for you for the website you send the module to have it rebuilt. Ive had mine on for the past 3 weeks now. The brakes are actually stronger without ABS, just you got to be careful not to lock up under panic.

same here just is there a way to disable the annoying beeping noise

Old 08-18-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

i had that problem. its most likely your abs module pump. i got mine fixed by these guys
www.modulemaster.com
it was really cheap and it worked.