AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Exhaust...the Downpipe...and the Tip??? (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/exhaust-downpipe-tip-10232/)

Sebass 05-19-2005 11:12 PM

Exhaust...the Downpipe...and the Tip???

A few questions:

Why does the tiptronic exhaust options not come with downpipe?

Why is a downpipe important?

Is there a company that makes the downpipe for the tip?

Do I still benefit fully from a new exhaust even without the downpipe?

Any other comments or info I need to know about this would be appreciated...

I just can't stop thinking about my car...bodyshop said 2-3 weeks to get it all put together....

FtMyersAudiFreak 05-19-2005 11:39 PM

RE: Exhaust...the Downpipe...and the Tip???

Thats my question to but no one seems to care to answer (searched), I have a manual though and am still debating between the Borla and APR. Just want to know if the downpipe is worth it or not and extend the cash.

GRKA4 05-20-2005 12:13 AM

I'm curious as to know also.

audiboy1618 05-20-2005 01:02 AM

Downpipes main purpose is to help with turbo spool to make boost faster, and it gives it alot better sounds. I have the labree with a hfc and it changes the tone alot. Yes, the downpipe is worth it, i added about 13hp with my downpipe mated to my hfc.

FtMyersAudiFreak 05-20-2005 01:23 AM

ORIGINAL: audiboy1618

Downpipes main purpose is to help with turbo spool to make boost faster, and it gives it alot better sounds. I have the labree with a hfc and it changes the tone alot. Yes, the downpipe is worth it, i added about 13hp with my downpipe mated to my hfc.

Thanks Audiboy1618, I will get the APR one then.

insuite 05-20-2005 11:22 AM

FYI ... Borla's #14845 (B5 ATW MT Quattro) comes with the downpipe and it's $300 cheaper than APR. Unfortunately it's backordered for 6 weeks. I have one on order, but if you find out something different, better or cost-competitive I'd sure like to know about it. I don't want to wait!!

FtMyersAudiFreak 05-20-2005 11:29 AM

Unfortunately I need part # 140100 B6 Borla which I believe does not.

Sebass 05-20-2005 11:46 AM

thanks Audiboy but now I need to know the answers relating to the Tiptronic...

And I still assume then that you benefit from the new pipes with or without a downpipe?

trailboss 05-20-2005 12:08 PM

I got my downpipe from techtonics tuning and i have a labree test pipe along with a milltek catback and i love it. I believe my downpipe was ~$230. They make them for the VW passat which is the same car. I got the one that doesn't reduce down to fit in the stock exhaust and it doesn't have that little restriction.

aznknites 05-20-2005 12:08 PM

isnt the whole point of gettin an exhaust is to have a better flowing output? if you put in a larger system cat back you still have the same restriction from the header out to the cat...