Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Models > Audi A4
 First Best Thing to do to an '03? >

First Best Thing to do to an '03?

Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.

First Best Thing to do to an '03?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
1st Gear
Default First Best Thing to do to an '03?

ok, i told myself over and over i wouldnt do this, but i cant drive a stock car, its just not me.....
so, for the money, whats the best thing to do to the A4 2wd? i figured this would be the best place to ask, so thats what im doing

Old 10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Default RE: First Best Thing to do to an '03?

The general answer to that question here would be to chip it (APR/GIAC) and get the DV. Thats what gives you the most bang-for-your-buck.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:52 PM
3rd Gear

what a4 do you own (4 or 6 cyl.)

if uve got the 1.8t, chip it

if you have the 2.8 i have no suggestions, maybe an super charger thats spendy though.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

drop it

Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: sandman

what a4 do you own (4 or 6 cyl.)

if uve got the 1.8t, chip it

if you have the 2.8 i have no suggestions, maybe an super charger thats spendy though.
'03 would be either the 1.8T of the 3.0. Same deal though, if youre 3.0, you can do exhaust, suspension, chip (wont do much to the V6), and beyond that-supercharger ($5k).

Old 10-21-2005, 06:26 AM
1st Gear

its a 18.t, chippin it is what i was leaning for, but would that void the warrenty? and as for dropping it, if i hadnt alredy ripped the front damper off of it due to tallahassee sucking at a lot of things (parking spaces and roads being the two ones im leaning towards here) i would

i really want to do exhaust, but i really dont want a droning ricer sound (ive always built and raced mustangs, so this is all new to me) and what air induction kits are out there/are they worth it?

Old 10-21-2005, 07:16 AM

As far as chipping goes, go for it! It will not void the warranty, as almost all dealers will not see past the encrypted software. Company-wise, there is APR, GIAC, REVO, and MTM. Many people go with what dealer is closest to their house. Exhaust...always good. Companies like APR, Neuspeed, Millitek, Borla, etc. will all produce good gains (~15hp). NONE with the ricey sound. Droning is not an issue with most of these...none that i know of.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

ya you just have to turn it off before you go into the dealer and youll need a DV for it due to the extra pressure on the turbo..the stock one just plain sucks..

Old 10-24-2005, 02:41 AM
1st Gear

thats what i figured about the DV, can you use a blowoff/bypass valve? or rather, can you set it up so that it vents to the atmosphere or does it need to be vented back into the intake track?

Old 10-24-2005, 03:19 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: SilvRA4

thats what i figured about the DV, can you use a blowoff/bypass valve? or rather, can you set it up so that it vents to the atmosphere or does it need to be vented back into the intake track?

hey welcome to the forums its nice to have another B6 on the forum
u dont want a BOV casue u will be runing rich and it will casue u problems later
https://www.audiforums.com/m_14128/tm.htm
do u really want the that PSSHHHH sound

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Best Thing to do to an '03?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.