AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Forge RACE Diverter Valve VS.Forge 007 Diverter Valve (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/forge-race-diverter-valve-vs-forge-007-diverter-valve-12333/)

dtmguy 07-04-2005 07:27 PM

Forge RACE Diverter Valve VS.Forge 007 Diverter Valve

Iam thinking of buy a forge DV but i wanted to know what is the difference between the RACE DV and the 007 DV, i also wanted to know if i would still get the same whoosh sound from a RACE DV

btw iam planning in getting my car chip by the end of this month

Dave666 07-04-2005 08:42 PM

RE: Forge RACE Diverter Valve VS.Forge 007 Diverter Valve

Just go for the normal one. Its good enough for what you are doing.

trailboss 07-04-2005 08:53 PM

The forge 007 DV is your best bet. I have it and have had no problems. The race DV is mainly for higher boost applications and has different spring rates that you can throw in depending on the boost you run.

dtmguy 07-04-2005 10:59 PM

Well in ECS Tuning web site the Forge race valve is 129.95 and the 007 is 135.00 and the "A line" 007 is 145.00
Now witch would be a better buy ???????

Mr_You 07-04-2005 11:20 PM

Personally I don't see the reason to spend that much money on a diverter valve. I mean go for it if you want. Maybe someone can explain the reason for getting one of these.

I chose the Bosch "Sport 110" diverter valve which is stock on the Porsche 996/911 Turbo. It can handle high boost. AFAIK the only difference between it and the 710N is the spring.

Part number is 0280142110 ... I bought mine off thepartsbin.com for about $55.

EDIT:

Oh, I see the sound is important to some people. I guess thats why. To each his own.

fumoazul99 04-06-2007 02:40 AM

Quick question on a DV... does it give you that whoosh sound?

xav6ier 04-06-2007 02:51 AM

yes it does if u have a intake on ur car it will give u that sound but not like a turbo civic. i have forgemotorsports DV sound really lound for a closed loop system.

fumoazul99 04-06-2007 02:54 AM

what if i dont have an intake... i have everything stock....
and where can i find a forge 007 dv for the best price?

crd945 04-06-2007 02:54 AM

not really... unless you get rid of the stock intake box and throw in a cone filter(evoms, lltek, carbonario). A bov will give you that sound... but for a price(not good for our cars and you will get flamed to hell)

fumoazul99 04-06-2007 02:55 AM

yah i kno bov suck for these cars.... so... DV wont give me any kind of sound unless i get a custom intake?

onepoint8tee 04-06-2007 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Mr_You

Personally I don't see the reason to spend that much money on a diverter valve. I mean go for it if you want. Maybe someone can explain the reason for getting one of these.

I chose the Bosch "Sport 110" diverter valve which is stock on the Porsche 996/911 Turbo. It can handle high boost. AFAIK the only difference between it and the 710N is the spring.

Part number is 0280142110 ... I bought mine off thepartsbin.com for about $55.

EDIT:

Oh, I see the sound is important to some people. I guess thats why. To each his own.
You get a lifetime warranty by paying "that much money" and the overall design compared to yours or a 710N dv is much better. Your dv uses a rubber diaphragm that can be easily torn or deteriorate. Springs do wear out, and a serviceable DV is important when that happens. If you were to keep your car for 5+ years running 20psi or more, youd go through at least a couple Sport 110's or 710N dv's. If you have a BT, plastic/rubber diaphragm DV is out of the question.
I ran a 710N and itfailed after about 9k miles of boosting 20 psi...

patty AT forge 04-11-2007 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Mr_You
I just shipped 50 007 valves to a Porche tuner... Apparently their stock valves aren't holding up too well:D

2k S4 04-11-2007 03:02 PM

If you are stock, or "just" have a chip, the 710n is a great DV! However, if you want to upgrade the car, & get a bigger turbo, you will NEED an adjustable DV. The 007 is a great choice! Not only is it rebuildable, but you can tune it with the $17 shim & spring kit. All the 007's are about the same, the difference is the top cap & one lets you swivel the vacuum port, it's on the side instead of being at the top. So it comes down to, do you want a smooth DV, one with a hex hed top, or one with a swivel top? Internally, they are all the SAME!

The stock DV opens at 10psi, the 007 stock opens at 14psi, I set mine to open at 17psi. Boost creep, sucks!

No you will not get the BOV sound with any DV, you can get some noise, but you will NOT get the SWOOSH noise.

patty AT forge 04-13-2007 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 2k S4
...The 007 is a great choice! Not only is it rebuildable, but you can tune it with the $17 shim & spring kit. ...

No you will not get the BOV sound with any DV, you can get some noise, but you will NOT get the SWOOSH noise.
Actually the 007 valves all include a partial spring tuning kit that will have you covered from 5-30 psi of boost.

An open air intake will net you a sound very similar to a vent to atmosphere valve... or you can give this a shot:
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...duct=FMDVSPLTR

Jeff 04-13-2007 12:50 PM

how about teh rs. its fully adjustable just by turning a knob on the top

2k S4 04-13-2007 03:09 PM

ORIGINAL: patty AT forge
Actually the 007 valves all include a partial spring tuning kit that will have you covered from 5-30 psi of boost.

An open air intake will net you a sound very similar to a vent to atmosphere valve... or you can give this a shot:
Mine didn't come with anything. The other ones I have seen don't come with any adjustment shims or springs. Even the Forge web page states you have to purchase the kit separately.

socal_A4 04-13-2007 11:20 PM

Dtmguy sent you a pm

patty AT forge 04-16-2007 03:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 2k S4

Mine didn't come with anything. The other ones I have seen don't come with any adjustment shims or springs. Even the Forge web page states you have to purchase the kit separately.
PM me with the name of the company that you purchased your valve from. Every real 007 that is sold in this hemisphere is recieved at my office and inventoried by yours truly. I can assure you that they leave this wharehouse with a partial spring tuning kit that includes the green, yellow and blue springs along with two shims. This has been the case for well over a year now.

2k S4 04-16-2007 03:24 PM

PM me with the name of the company that you purchased your valve from. Every real 007 that is sold in this hemisphere is recieved at my office and inventoried by yours truly. I can assure you that they leave this wharehouse with a partial spring tuning kit that includes the green, yellow and blue springs along with two shims. This has been the case for well over a year now.
Oh, that sucks! I spent the extra $30 to get the adjustment kits!