AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   Freaking slow Tip..Arrgghh!! (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/freaking-slow-tip-arrgghh-38128/)

socaljoe 08-04-2006 12:28 AM

Freaking slow Tip..Arrgghh!!

I had a ran in with a new BMW 325i at a stop light. Turned ESP off, shifted the lever to Tip mode and turned Iron Maiden up (The Trooper was on). Green light came on and we both took off, and a big grin on my face 'cause I had him on the launch by half a car length. Shifted to 2nd gear and it seemed like it took a freakin year to go to 2nd, by this time he caught up and he got a car length on me. I started to reel him in and right when I got beside him running neck to neck, I had shift to 3rd, bam!!..same thing..too another year to shift up. By the time I was in 3rd gear, he already had over a car length on me.... This tiptronic sucks cheese on street drag[:@]...I think I could've taken that BMW if it was an auto. Why in hell did Audi make the tiptronic to work with so much lag...almost kicked my car when I got home.[:@]

Oh and another thing, before I got home, I was cruising on 3rd gear at about 3500 rpm, I floored the pedal and it shifted down on me while on Tip mode..WTF..it's like there's no difference between tip and S [sm=boosign.gif]

onepoint8tee 08-04-2006 12:29 AM

RE: Freaking slow Tip..Arrgghh!!

Tip chip???

evoic 08-04-2006 01:37 AM

I don't think they have them for the B7's.

I drive in Sport and let it do it's thing.
Once I get 3k RPM's in second, most cars in our class can't hang anyways because of the burst and then onto 3rd.....
It's when we get to 4th gear and the power starts to die out, that's where the race usually turns on me.

Audinam 08-04-2006 01:47 AM

shouldn't the DSG shifter faster than manual.......from what the Audi specs say anyways. was the Bimmer a MT or AT?

socaljoe 08-04-2006 02:40 AM

Bimmer was MT, A4's don't have DSG..unless it can be added

Last I heard, there's no tip chip for B7's yet

Seems to me that the tip mode is only good when you need to downshift to help you slow down. Other than that, it's pretty much worthless. I'll ask one of the service guys at the dealership if there's something that can be done to it when I take it in for my first service.

jliu 08-04-2006 03:01 AM

Is your car an automatic or manual?

mad_circle21 08-04-2006 03:47 AM

I bet if you had "Aces High" on you would've beat him, lol(sorry, it's my favorite maiden song).

StepUpProductions 08-04-2006 04:13 AM

hahah ummm you serious dude? look at the thread title and everything else that has been said haha

ORIGINAL: jliu

Is your car an automatic or manual?

socaljoe 08-04-2006 04:54 AM

ORIGINAL: mad_circle21

I bet if you had "Aces High" on you would've beat him, lol(sorry, it's my favorite maiden song).
LOL..I should've forwarded it, the next song was Aces High

PandaXpress 08-04-2006 05:05 AM

yea our tips are slow
it take 1 Sec to shift gears[&o]
and our second gear seems to long also