AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   H&R Cup Kits (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/h-r-cup-kits-8030/)

CheckMyVitals 04-04-2005 07:04 PM

H&R Cup Kits

Hey kids, just wondering what y'alls opinions were of the H&R cup kit seen here. For this price... I CAN afford a 'real' suspension upgrade. Looks pretty good to me, and H&R doesn't make crap. But it's cheap, and I dunno why. Also, anyone have this and installed it themselves?
Tell me to search, I dare you.

BFlan2001 04-04-2005 07:12 PM

RE: H&R Cup Kits

won't fit quattros...and it says 2" front/ 1.3" rear lowering....that sounds a little...raked, to me...but they've been reviewed by a couple credible magazines with decent results.

CheckMyVitals 04-04-2005 07:17 PM

yeah, it's for 2wd, but it was the quickest link i could find. they do make it for quattro too.
most of the suspensions are raked like that dude. but i believe the quattro set up is 1.6" in the rear. I could be wrong.

BFlan2001 04-04-2005 07:22 PM

i was checking out hrsprings.com and they only have the 2wd listed...i'd def be interested in those if they were available for quattro, and especially if the rear isn't lowered as much for the quattros...or just more even from front to rear... a .7" difference sounds pretty steep though, don't you think?

Karl 04-04-2005 07:23 PM

gee why dont you do a search for it? im sure it has been posted a gagillion times!!

Just kidding

TomRitt 04-04-2005 07:26 PM

Looks good, can't go wrong with h&r...Perth Amboy..they prolly fell off the back of a truck but who cares. Install is pretty easy, I started at 11pm and was done by 3am, I could prolly do it in 2 hrs now

BFlan2001 04-04-2005 07:31 PM

tom, wanna come do my suspension for me? and my exhaust? and my pass. side tie rod end? and my outer cv joints?...*sigh*...i need money...

CheckMyVitals 04-04-2005 07:45 PM

wtf. yeah, now i can't find it for quattro. found for B6s, but can't find for B5s. who the hell makes something for a 2WD AUDI and not quattro? anyone know if they make this god damn cupkit for quattro? and when (if) i get my audi... anyone wanna start a groupbuy? i ran across a couple VW kids groupbuying ofr like $530

TomRitt 04-04-2005 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bentframe

tom, wanna come do my suspension for me? and my exhaust? and my pass. side tie rod end? and my outer cv joints?...*sigh*...i need money...
Ahahah if you somewhat local I'll give u a hand...yea money is a problem, but its even worse when you have no job like me[:@]

BFlan2001 04-04-2005 07:57 PM

haha, na, i was just playin, i'm in cali...i'm a rarity on this forum, there's like 5 of us....how do you pay for stuff if you don't have a job?

check, i'd be down for a group buy in a month or so, i'm in no rush, let me know. it does seem odd that they would make only a 2wd version....