AudiForums.com

AudiForums.com (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/)
-   Audi A4 (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/)
-   -   HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still cold!) (https://www.audiforums.com/forum/audi-a4-8/help-my-friend-redlined-my-car-right-when-he-turned-my-car-when-engine-oil-still-cold-2061/)

pKi86 07-28-2004 10:27 PM

HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still cold!)

he helped me install my Boostedtech CAI, and afterwards i let him drive it around...right when he turned on the car he started to drive around pretty hard and then redlined like 3 times, before my oil or engine warmed up properly; the engine and oil was still very cold b/c it was at night and turned off for more than 2.5 hours...
ever since i have been freaking out about it and it constantly bothers/worries me that it could have done some serious damage to my motor...do you guys think this would have seriously hurt my engine? how worried should i be?:(

ImolaS4 07-28-2004 11:12 PM

RE: HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still cold!)

How many miles do you have on the car?
What oil are you running?
When was the last oil change?

My guess is that you're OK; don't worry about it. My advice: don't let him drive the car again. If that had been my car, I would have been telling him to stop and pull over - while I was punching the crap out him!

pKi86 07-28-2004 11:51 PM

RE: HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still co

i have 19k miles on my car...been running on mobil1 0W-40 synthetic for about 4000 miles...
he drove it pretty hard for a pretty long time...gosh, i am so madddd[:@]

Doose 07-29-2004 12:16 AM

RE: HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still co

I don't think you have much to worry about. Keep in mind that when you chip these engines the redline is moved up, so they are capable of performing at that level. Would I drive it like that all the time? No. But I've run my car hard many times, I've got 114,000 miles on it and it still runs as smoothly as it did the day I bought it.

audiboy1618 07-29-2004 02:02 AM

so the redline is moved, cool, didnt know that, what is it moved up to

SlimChriz 07-29-2004 03:26 AM

RE: HELP! My friend Redlined my car right when he turned on my car (when engine and oil was still cold!)

ORIGINAL: imolas4

My guess is that you're OK; don't worry about it. My advice: don't let him drive the car again. If that had been my car, I would have been telling him to stop and pull over - while I was punching the crap out him!
no no you wait till he pulls over to puch the crap out of him that way he doesnt crash...;)

brrman 07-29-2004 04:25 AM

you are fine - No damage done. just don;t make a habit of running the car hard before it is warmed up.

norcaltrojan 07-29-2004 07:02 PM

ever since i have been freaking out about it and it constantly bothers/worries me that it could have done some serious damage to my motor
Exactly why I don't let anyone drive my car!! The get power happy and just disregard the fact that it isn't their's!!

ImolaS4 07-29-2004 08:24 PM

ORIGINAL: SlimChriz

ORIGINAL: imolas4

no no you wait till he pulls over to puch the crap out of him that way he doesnt crash...;)
True Slim... very true! ;)

Doose 07-30-2004 01:26 AM

According to TAP who did my ECU reprogramming, it takes away the rev limiter and redline is 500 RPM higher than stock.