Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP PLZ, VERY SERIOUS,NEED ADVICE,GUIDANCE PLZ HELP 2.6 Quattro written off!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Default HELP PLZ, VERY SERIOUS,NEED ADVICE,GUIDANCE PLZ HELP 2.6 Quattro written off!

Hi guys i just found this site after a friend sent me the link.

So heres the story, i drive a S reg 2.6 Quattro S4 Repica, so far iv had a JP decat full SS exhaust Ecu Chipped, Power Boost Valve, PiperX panel filter, and a 100 shot of Nos. Im on the way back from work saturday night last week going around a 20 degree bend at 40mph when the back end slid out! I corrected twice, i drive an rx7 so drifting/going sideways is nothing new to me, so after correcting it just slid the opposite way and started drifting...i couldnt do anything...i ended up in the centre section and pavement. Both front tyres popped and front end was disintigrated on impact. Here are the pictures of the car as it is now. Now obviously you guys who drive quattro's will know its pretty much impossible to drift a quattro so i could not understand why it would happen?! After closer inspection of the car the police the recovery guy and a few other people have said that the rear offside alloy had split from the rim every spoke (these are genuine S4 wheels) the tyre is still inflated there was no collision of the rear with the pavement whatsoever it was a full frontal impact, coincidently no airbags went off!! The back end scratches were from the fencing that caught on the front end and then stuck out. So evryone is saying the cause of the crash must have been the rear alloy collapsing aswell as a greasy road. I have been adviced to take it up with Audi about the Alloy and Airbags. So i rang up Leeds Audi Main dealer in Leeds explained what happened (accident happened just outside the showroom how ironic is that!!!) they denied all knowledge of anything like that ever happening before...so i dono where to go from here i need advice plz.

Anyway i was only covered 3rd party on the car so iv just lost everything! Just imagine if it had happened during rush hour or if i had hit someone or something like that i dread to think...So heres the pictures ill let you guyz make your own conclusions...

[IMG]local://upfiles/3890/C6F31B14366C47D18D197069CAA8DEBA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3890/9D6AC0F2F3D945B8839F5BE4C91B1780.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3890/43E1509186E34DCF85B4DFF2CED02CDE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3890/591B9CE3A8C0476B92EE680051AB97AD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-19-2004, 12:07 AM
Default RE: HELP PLZ, VERY SERIOUS,NEED ADVICE,GUIDANCE PLZ HELP 2.6 Quattro written off!

AWD drifitng is easyier to control than rwd drifitng. your problem is you let off the gas, and as a result went into a pendelum. dont worry this is a rokkie drifting mistake. as for audi you have no leverage against them since the wheels did not come on your car originally. they can argue that whoever sold them to you sold you defective wheels. as for the airbags they can argue that you did not release the sensors. so sorry your SOL

Old 12-19-2004, 12:28 AM
Default RE: HELP PLZ, VERY SERIOUS,NEED ADVICE,GUIDANCE PLZ HELP 2.6 Quattro written off!

yeh iv been on advanced driving courses and track days etc so i know how to handle pretty much any kind of car out of a drift or spin etc...sorry forgot to mention i did correct twice but it just wouldnt recover it kept going sideways even after straightening up! anyway the alloys are genuine Audi S4 alloys bought brand new from Audi by the previous owner so i should still be able to make some sort of case...i hope.

Sorry S Reg is year 99"... i just realised this is a worldwide site,or US site? lol so the uk jargen wont be understood by all, i dono if u have 3rd party insurance in the USA over here its only covered if someone else hits you or it was there fault.

wats SOL by the way?

Old 12-19-2004, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

thanks god you are ok, well there no exist the perfect rim, when i am in my car with my 2 years old baby i drive like a grandfather because always think... what will happen if a tire or a rim get crashed !, 8 years ago i was driving a ford probe turbo, then when i was taking a corner the back rim of the cars get broken and i fall out the road down to a river, then when i get out the car i don´t feel the half of my body, six months later i wast started to feel better, now i always remember this when i drive my car... so you have to thanks god ! (sorry about my english (no native laguage))

Old 12-19-2004, 03:06 AM
3rd Gear

SOL **** out of luck....

We dont have third party we have liability only which only covers damage to others property

Old 12-19-2004, 04:07 AM
4th Gear

1. Report the incident to Audi of UK, not just the local dealer.
2. Preserve the rear tire (tyre) and wheel.
3. If the UK has an equivalent of a government safety board which collects and analyzes safety data, you may wish to report this to them and see if they have reports of similar failures. May want to check the US national highway safety administration.
4. You haven't lost "everything". You weren't hurt.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:36 PM
6th Gear

wow, glad to hear you are ok...

Old 12-20-2004, 05:26 PM
4th Gear

Dude that sucks, hope everything works out alright. But please DON'T say "shot of Nos" again. Nos is company.