Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I couldn't get my REVO flash today! What do you think happened?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear
Default I couldn't get my REVO flash today! What do you think happened?

Okay I went to a local shop to have my ECU flashed with the Revo Stage 1 software and after about 20 min the tech comes out and states that he can't flash the ECU. He says that the majority of the time that this is a result ofa performance chip blocking the flash from going through. He suggested that it was GIAC due that my car is a 2003 and chips where used alot during that time frame. I didn't have time for them to take my ECU out/apart to determine what the issue may be as I was on my lunch break. So that brings us to now!

So I just purchased/installed a Blitz Dual TT that Agravic 2.0 mods with RED LEDS to check my boost. The unit reads boost in hkPa and im still looking fora hkPa->PSI conversion formula so I know what boost im running. At WOT pushing car to 6k the highest reading I got was .56 so would I be correct in saying that .56= .5 bar give or take?

Also while I was routing the vacuum hose for the boost guage I removed the ECU and the CHASTITY SCREWS (as I have seen them called) are still intact. Unless a special tool was used by the installer to remove them they look fresh from factory new

So all this leads me to wonder if my car really is chipped or not. From what I see I would say no but I'll let you experts be the judge. Im working on finding a pair of Vice Grips to remove the screws so I can take a look at the ECU board to see if I see an aftermarket chip. If anyone has any tips for removing the screws I'm all ears!!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Default RE: I couldn't get my REVO flash today! What do you think happened?

get a boost guage that reads in psi (I don't know the conversion, sorry), if you are chipped you should be boosting between 18-20psi...have you looked for a sticker on the ecu?...have you ever driven a stock a4 before?...I really don't know how people can't tell weather or not there chipped....well thats sucks, but at the same time at least you don't have to pay for a chip!...gl!

Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

i have never heard of hkpa. that isnt a normal unit of measurment. i would expect Pa, kPa, psi, in/hg, cm/hg...

never heard of that. cant even find it on a goog search. call the company up and ask

telling him to get a new boost guage is kinda dumb sry. thats a waste of money, just gind the conversion.

Old 02-25-2007, 12:47 AM
1st Gear

Found out how to convert. Its around 8.2 PSI so that means Im hitting stock boost pressure. So this leaves the question why couldn't they flash my ECU with the upgrade software?