Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Instrument Cluster

<FONT face="Courier New, Courier, mono" color=black size=4>my audi is now turning 5 years old and pushing 75k. havent yet changed out the timing belt and with this forum will most likely change it on my own. if anyone can assist me in locating a new timing belt that would be great. </FONT></P>

<FONT face="Courier New" size=4>here is my question on the instrument cluster: it is now starting to fade but the weird thing is that during very cold weather it comes in clear and after sometime the cluster starts to fade again. i have purchased the Chilton series repair book and they report on how to replace it. after several attempts i am still unable to find an instument cluster for sale online. please let me know of a few different sites that will sale them very inexpensive. thanks</FONT></P>

Old 11-18-2003, 12:21 PM
Site Moderator

Timing belt: http://www.ecstuning.com

ECS has a timing belt kit. I would suggest calling them to order it (instead of online ordering) because they are very knowledgable and will actually make sure you get the right kit.

Instrument clusters are tough to find online - especially if you are looking to buy new. There are no aftermarket clusters, so it has to be OEM. I'd suggest maybe finding a used one from a partsyard likeDads Auto
A lot of people I know have gotten parts from these guys.

They may require the part#. I might be able to get that for you if you like - just let me know.<edited><editID>brrman</editID><editDate>37943.3916319444</editDate></edited>

Old 11-20-2003, 02:08 AM
3rd Gear

Yeah easy to replace imposible to find. try ebaymotors ive seen a couple on there before but be mindful of what your buying fom ebay all is not as it apears to be. read the fine print.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:36 AM
1st Gear

VW mentioned that the passat uses the same instrument cluster as the audi....anyone know if this is true?

Old 02-04-2004, 01:37 PM
Site Moderator

Its very possible, though I can't say for sure. Passat and A4 share quite a few parts.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Instrument Cluster

passat and audi-DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 01:10 AM
4th Gear

If you get a replacement, and if you have no other use for the old faded one, I'd like to get my hands on it. I have a few things I'd like to try and see if I can find a simple solution to the fading displays.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:32 AM
1st Gear

My B5 instrument cluster went really dim for a while.. i took it to a good Audi servicer (not Audi dealer) and they fixed it up. Some electric was loose or worn.. i forgot. But i'm fairly sure you won't have to replace it and waste big $

Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah odd most electrical stuff works really good cold or really good hot when it is broken (like a starter that can start your car at home but then you get to the grocery store and you're screwed)

Anyway, autohausaz advertises here, shokan.com, and blauparts.com all of them have timing belt kits. Of course you are probably not interested in the kit if you want cheap but hey water pump, thermostat, tensioners and the timing belt for an extra hundred bucks and an extra 5 seconds while you are in there is pretty nice. Blauparts rents the tool and gives out instructions.

Old 06-06-2006, 10:27 PM
2nd Gear

would this work??

http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/..._Parts&id=1204

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster