Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been looking at '03 1.9 TDi and '04 2.0 TDi - Which one?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:39 AM
1st Gear
Default I've been looking at '03 1.9 TDi and '04 2.0 TDi - Which one?

First of all hello. I hope someone can help me. I'm new to this forum but I'm members on many others. 1st thing I do when buying anything is sing up and tap the wisdom of members.

I've got a choice to make.

I want to buy a new car to replace my Renault Clio (yuk! don't ask) so I've decided on the A4 for various factors. Mainly they're supposed to be reliable & economical and I love audi's.

This weekend I went to test drive an '03 1.9 TDi 130 Sport in black and I loved it. It's got the sports seats and upgraded stereo, bigger wheels etc. It's don'e 116k, had cam belt done at 100k and clutch done recently.

I've got a friend who's colleague is moving away to Finland so he wants to sell his car. It's an '04 2.0L TDi 140 SE in silvery/blue. It's done 110k miles, had it's cab belt done at 75k.

They both want about £3.5k for them which I'm happy to pay and they both have FSH up to 100k but the question is, which one should I get?

My head tells me to go for the newer engine with less miles but my heart tells me to go for the black sport model.

Is the 2.0 engine better/worse than the 1.9? Will I be annoyed by the Se or will the sport suspension be too aggressive?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by chimpsinties; 10-10-2011 at 05:41 AM.